• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Endeavour-Partial GI Tract Obstruction U/D Much Better Today :-)

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
All my fault :cry: Endeavour is obsessed with bin liners and he will try everything and anything to get at a full one and rip it open. Consequently I have to be ultra vigilant not to leave a full bin liner near his enclosure when I am cleaning out as he will nibble at it through the wire mesh enclosure panels. He knows he is not allowed to do it so he is very quiet in his nibbling attempts in the hope that I wont notice. Yesterday I was obviously not careful enough as during cleaning out time he managed to get to a bin liner and before I realised it he had nibbled a lot of it and ingested some. All was OK for about 10 hours, then he went into gut stasis and started to bloat up. He has now been on treatment for about 16 hours and in the last 2 of those hours there has been some very small improvements. His BG is going down and he has some gut sounds. The bloating is reducing too.

All last night I was convinced I would be posting that I had killed Endeavour with my carelessness :cry: He's still not out of the woods so if there are any vibes going spare please could Endeavour have some of them xx

Last edited:
Lots of vibes being sent for lovely Endeavour xx

I know it's easy to say, but please don't blame yourself xx

Oh no :cry: sending mega vibes for Endeavour. You mustn't blame yourself, it's one of those things that happens sometimes.

Millions of vibes for Endeavour. Its easily done, made this mistake often with the chins. Thought they would get seriously ill chewing through an ice pod until the gel oozed out, then a few months later I gave them a freezer ice pack and they chewed through that until some horrible liquid oozed out. Anything left near their hutch is pulled in and chewed, I have to be so careful. Anyway it sounds like Endeavour is on the mend now. He really is a very naughty bun.

Oh no, what a naughty Endeavour :( Lots of vibes for him.

Everyone makes mistakes like this - my buns like to sneak off and get duck pellets when I'm cleaning their cages. But thankfully a bit of duck pellets doesn't do them any harm. Ive never known a rabbit to like plastic bags but my cat Sunny is obsessed with them. If only animals knew what was good for them.:(

My friend's cat is obsessed by all things plastic bag too.

Endeavour, you can have lots of vibes but I'm giving you a firm telling off for stressing our Jane out like this!!

Hugs, Jane.

Oh no! Endeavour you little rascal, certainly living up to his troublesome reputation bless his paws.

Sending loads of vibes for him. xx

All my fault :cry: Endeavour is obsessed with bin liners and he will try everything and anything to get at a full one and rip it open. Consequently I have to be ultra vigilant not to leave a full bin liner near his enclosure when I am cleaning out as he will nibble at it through the wire mesh enclosure panels. He knows he is not allowed to do it so he is very quiet in his nibbling attempts in the hope that I wont notice. Yesterday I was obviously not careful enough as during cleaning out time he managed to get to a bin liner and before I realised it he had nibbled a lot of it and ingested some. All was OK for about 10 hours, then he went into gut stasis and started to bloat up. He has now been on treatment for about 16 hours and in the last 2 of those hours there has been some very small improvements. His BG is going down and he has some gut sounds. The bloating is reducing too.

All last night I was convinced I would be posting that I had killed Endeavour with my carelessness :cry: He's still not out of the woods so if there are any vibes going spare please could Endeavour have some of them xx

I am glad to hear he is making some improvement. Sending some more vibes to Endeavour.
He is not alone in his obsession with bin bags and other plastic bags. I was in your shoes before, causing me to put the bunny in a bin whenever I cleaned her enclosure.

Last edited:
Sending Endeavour lots of vibes. Buns can be incredibly quiet when they are doing something they shouldn't. One of my indoor Bridge buns used to nom the dried cat food if I didn't keep an eye on her when I was cleaning them out. How she could eat something so crunchy in complete silence I have no idea, but she managed it!

xxx

Hope the improvements continue! Echoing what the others are saying re not blaming yourself, it's a mistake and one easily made.

Loads of vibes for Endeavour. I was going to say please don't blame yourself but I know if it had been me I would be beating myself up. Huge hugs for you - you must need eyes in the back of your head with Endeavour xx

Loads of vibes - glad he seems to be getting over it now:love:

I wonder if he's learnt his lesson now :lol:

Just seen this...what an ordeal for both of you. :( Hopefully this will teach Endeavour to be a bit less of a hooligan!

Hoping he will be much improved over the course of the day. No more plastic, norty boy!
((((((((((((Huge hugs for you, Jane))))))))))))))) xxxx

Back