• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bunny cage

Espeada

Young Bun
Wanting to make it buy a new cage for Emrys and his future partner whoever that may be. The one problem I have is my room is tiny, in the future in planning on moving into the bedroom next to mine when my brother moves out and then bunnies can have the whole room once it's been rabbit proofed.

Until then I want him to have something bigger, the largest I can probably fit would be 6ft long by 2ft wide however height wise I don't have much of a restriction, I'm thinking maybe 5ft high with two maybe three different levels to make the most of the room there is. Would this be big enough for 2 small bunnies to go in when they can't be free ranging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try to rabbit proof your room so the rabbits can have 24/7 free range. With levels in cages you lose a lot of floor space for the ramps etc. rabbits need a minimum space of 44 sq ft to be available to them at all time :thumb: you can find lots of ideas on rabbit proofing in the housing forum sticky :thumb:

If its possible, given the size of your room, I would get the 6 x 2 hutch and get some puppy panels so that they dont have to be shut inside the cage. They could go on top under and inside it and have a little space in front of it for extra fun and games!

Back