• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit runs

lillylau

Warren Scout
My hubby is going to build me a rabbit run 11ft by 3ft by 3ft high, I am also going to buy a new larger hutch as the one I have just isn't big enough I feel, I have a new Zealand white already he is due to be neutered in the next few weeks and then after a wait for his homones to die down I would like to get him a friend he is two now, am I too late to get him a friend ? will my run be big enough ?

Last edited:
Hi, bigger is always better, the rwaf minimum recommended run size is 8ft x 4ft giving a total of 32sq ft, in addition to a minimum cage size of 6ft x 2ft. As your rabbit is a large breed I would go for bigger if possible, especially the 3ft width. My rabbits run is 10ft x 17ft and they use every last inch of it for mad binkies :lol: I would consider a shed rather than a hutch if possible, gives you more space for levels, is easier to clean out, and you can sit in there with them :)

I am sure he will love having a friend, I would see if you can get a suitable partner at a local rescue and they will probably be able to help with bonding :thumb:

Back