• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Otis U/D august 13th

Thanks everyone. He has passed a bit more mucusy sludge with blood but then he passed more urine that looked clear.

I really hope the vet is good tomorrow as all our regular vets have left and i don't know the new ones yet.

Thanks everyone. He has passed a bit more mucusy sludge with blood but then he passed more urine that looked clear.

I really hope the vet is good tomorrow as all our regular vets have left and i don't know the new ones yet.

Oh poor thing :cry:

Good luck at the vets tomorrow xx

Thanks everyone. We have been up the vets with him for nearly two hours today. Things are looking a lot more positive. I'll post more later :)

Thank you :)

Here is a bit more info - Otis is now on antibiotics and sub cut fluids twice a day. His urine will be checked again next week and if no improvement a sterile sample will be taken and sent to the lab. Also if he still has a major sludge problem he may have his bladder flushed which the vet believes he can do consciously.

The vets like us believes that the sludge has built up for many months when Otis was not moving at all and now we are working hard with him and he is a lot more active the sludge is finally moving which while painful at the moment is a good thing long term for Otis.

Otis also had his second acupuncture session which went much better than the first. He really relaxed and we got a lot more needles in. Sarah saw a video of the spasms Otis had after the last session and says they mean there is good progress, although they aren't particularly nice for Otis. She said there was much more movement in his legs this time round :)

So it seems that for Otis its a case of no pain no gain. Bless him. Thankfully he does seem a little more comfortable and happy in himself today.

We have another physio session Friday and back to see the vet and more acupuncture next Tuesday :)

Thank you for posting this update. It all sounds very positive. Progress is going to be slow, which can be frustrating, but it's certainly going in the right direction. Well done you for such patience and perseverance, and well done Otis :D

We are very lucky to have a really positive and enthusiastic team working with us to help Otis. Plus Otis is a really happy positive bunny :)

Back