• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holland lop?

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
I am starting to think about getting a Holland lop. It's just a thought at the moment and I will be rescuing if possible.

But I am just wondering if there is another name for them? Is Holland lop the U.S. name? Dwarf and mini lop are both bigger aren't they? I can't seem to find Holland lop on UK websites?

Yeah holland lop is the US name. I think mini lop is the UK name? I always get those two confused though so it may very well be dwarf lop!

But if I'm right then it's...

US holland lop = UK mini lop
US mini lop = UK dwarf lop

Confusing :lol:

Holland lop is the American name for dwarf lops which are bigger than mini lops.

Oh I always thought Holland lops were smaller than UK dwarf lops!? It's very confusing. I'd ideally like the smallest, to bond with my massive Frenchie as she already takes up a lot of space!

I always get confused too but I think William's right - a Holland lop is the US term and here in the UK it's a mini lop.

Back