• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Boarding near Leigh, Lancashire ???

Pie Eyed

Young Bun
Hi all.

Does anyone know of a good, recommended bunny boarder near Leigh, Lancs?

I have always boarded our 2 lops with Kay at Bunny Hops - a local rescue centre where Sam came to us from - but she told me today that she's no longer boarding.

We are away for the first 2 weeks of August this year and now I'm more than a little stuck.

I am more than happy to travel anywhere up to 20-30 miles if necessary, but I need somewhere trusted and reliable - I won't just dump them with anyone.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks
Craig.

Can Kay recommend anyone else? Her other boarders will be stuck as well and she must know who else does bunny boarding locally.

I use the Society of Abandoned Animals at Sale - www.saarescue.co.uk

Rabbits are kept indoors in good sized easy to clean pens. They are very knowledgeable and they use my vets at Leigh - Mypetsvets.

I have also looked at www.wheek-and-sleep-piggie-boarding.co.uk - much cheaper than above and would have used at the time but they couldn't take all the bunnies. Since then I have always used SAA as I have been happy with them and I like that the money is going towards a rescue.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I did ask Kay for any recommendations, but it might be a few days before I get a reply to my text. :)

As I'm in a bit of a rush, I thought this would be the best place to ask the question.

@Vanessa - As a fellow truster of MyPetsVets, I will trust your judgment absolutely and will contact SAA to see how they are fixed.

It's a shame, as I both like and trust Kay (and if I'm honest, I'm not the quickest guy to trust anyone with anything - Much less the welfare of our rabbits), but I'll see if SAA can take them in and go visit them if they can.

Thanks again. Very helpful.

I will follow this thread incase in future I need to board, as few years ago kay was our peace of mind, wouldn't trust anyone else with my bunnies health and welfare

Thanks again all.

I have managed to nab the last outdoor hutch at Wheek and Sleep and Sharon sounds really nice.

I'll let you know how it all works out, but that won't be until mid-August.

If I'm honest, as much as SAA looked professional, it all looked a little like a prison cell for rabbits to me - Completely irrelevant I know, but I had this mental image of Lola-Rose bouncing Sam off the wall like Steve McQueen in the cooler. :lol:

Thanks Mrs. B.

Sadly, I would never have found either Kay (Bunny Hops) or Sharon (Wheek & Sleep) on there, but useful in a pinch.

I always prefer to have a personal recommendation though, even if it's from someone I don't know personally, but feel trusting of, due to them being on here (such as Glingle in this case).

Again, thanks to everyone for your fast and helpful contributions to my (now successful) search.

Last edited:
Back