• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Two, Heather and Rosie {pic curtesy of IW RSPCA)

Rosie%20%20Heather%202.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

This is Heather and Rosie. Heather is thought to be Rosie's mum. They went into rescue from a breeder of rabbits and guinea pigs. 28 went into rescue mostly sick and Heather went in pregnant. Both girls had urinary infections but the rspca treated them for that. When I chose them I was told I could take Rosie as she was ready to go, having been spayed, vaccinated and chipped. But once I found out they'd gone in together and had stayed together I said I would wait until Heather had finished weaning her six babies. I had to wait about 8 weeks but I visited every week. When I was finally able to bring them both home I was thrilled. I've had them 7 weeks now and they are showing their personalities. They were absolutely terrified of everything but are slowly improving. they had never seen daylight or been out in a garden before. They'd been kept in a cage in a shed in a field. It is presumed they were just used for breeding. They now have a nice cosy hutch and I let them out every day for a run in the garden. They were quite shocked when they realised there was so much space around. Heather spends a lot of time gazing up above her. They play with plastic flowerpots and tear around and binky lots. I can't handle them yet but they are starting to come up to me when I call them. Heather is a black, white and brown Dutch cross with beautiful markings. Rosie is a little grey and white Lionhead cross but her and Heather have the same facial look and both have a white front right leg. Two of Heather's new kits look very much like their Aunty Rosie. Heather is thought to be about 3yrs old and Rosie is thought to be about 2yrs. Really no one knows for sure. They seem very young now they are happy. My heart is bursting with love for them.

Last edited:
Aren't they lovely! Gaining the trust of shy buns is slow but so rewarding, glad they have a lovely life now

Awwwwwwwww! Aren't they precious! And you, Fluffybunny, sound like a truly lovely person! They are so lucky to have found you! :love:

Thank you so much. I've had a nice hutch going spare all last winter as my elderly nethie, Snowy had been poorly for months and I had kept him indoors and the vets had told me he was running out of time. In March we decided it was time to let him go, he was 10 years old and had rubbish health for about 6 years. I felt before we lost him that I should offer some more bunnies a forever home. That was when I found Heather and Rosie. Our local RSPCA have been great and found me Widget last year, a little grey lop, to put with my elderly NZ Red Ginny who was pining for her sister who had passed away. We have had rescue bunnies from there for 34 years. We've also had the odd ones who have been given to us. I'd never had rabbits before I met hubby but he had two and I got the bug and he's still waiting for the novelty to wear off!

Back