• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can you recommend a good rabbit carrier?

I don't know where beano and gordons is from but its similar to the one above, Jake just has a value cat carrier from pets at home. As long as I can lift the top off and its fairly sturdy i don't really mind about much else!

I've been using one of these for years

http://www.valupets.com/pets/wire-carrier/shaws-cat-carry-basket-(top-opening)/20172.html

I went through quite a few carriers before this one and I love it! It's really sturdy, easy to get them in and out of, easy to check on how they are without having to disturb them too much, and was big enough to fit my two fairly large bridge bunnies together

I tend to stick a blanket over it as it's not enclosed, but my buns like to stay covered and wrapped up inside blankets when they are in their carrier anyways

I had to use a side opening one in an emergency not long ago and I have no idea how people use them!

Another Catit Cabrio fan here - I've got three and use them for my cats and buns. They are top and front opening, very sturdy and they have a kind of rubbery plastic base so they are non slip and easy clean. There are food/water trays if you were doing a long journey and a padded shoulder strap if you needed to carry them any distance plus you can seatbelt them into the car securely.
I sound like a Catit rep so I'll shut up now!

Catit Cabrio :thumb:

Love the top opening, super helpful with wriggly bunnies (looking at you Smudgie).

The carrier Winston came with is rubbish, I would really like to get a new one….what would you recommend? I would ideally like one that opens at the top as well as at the front.

I quite like the look of this one though;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nobby-Trans...8&qid=1431708611&sr=8-13&keywords=cat+carrier

I like that it has a little opening that you can put your hand in and stroke the animal inside with. What does everyone think?

It looks good - I like the feature it has that fits with the car seatbelt to keep the carrier secure

It looks good - I like the feature it has that fits with the car seatbelt to keep the carrier secure

That's what I really liked, along with the arm hole for nose rubs. The only downside is Winston and his companion to be would have to jump over the little but at the front to get into it, so I can't really nudge his bum to get him in. He is usually get good at getting into his csrrier especially if I put some yummy greens or pellets in there!

Ahh I can't decide between that one or the catit cabrio one!

I have the old design of this one. Solid, sturdy, with no fiddly clips to undo. It has the 2 doors to allow easier access and it comes with a water bowl which clips on the front door but you could also attach a bottle. It also comes in different sizes as well.

I believe they are the only ones that the lady from The Rabbit Crossing recommends.

I have this one too its great, so handy that the top opens it aids the vets to get to my rabbits really easy

Is this big enough to fit two small bunnies in? I could really do with a new carrier and love the look of this one

Is this big enough to fit two small bunnies in? I could really do with a new carrier and love the look of this one

Yep 2 will fit in fine with plenty room for them to still be able to turn around if they want to, my girls both usually stand looking out of the door at the front.

It's brill for the vets too, if Fluffy ever has to go in she's inspected from the carrier as it opens from the top, if she was on the table she would launch herself in the air but she doesn't do that if left in the carrier

Yep 2 will fit in fine with plenty room for them to still be able to turn around if they want to, my girls both usually stand looking out of the door at the front.

It's brill for the vets too, if Fluffy ever has to go in she's inspected from the carrier as it opens from the top, if she was on the table she would launch herself in the air but she doesn't do that if left in the carrier

Fab! Just ordered one!

I ended up ordering the ferplast one. I realised it would be best to have one that when the top is opened the rabbit(s) can't jump out of their own accord. This is so that when I have 2 in there, one can be taken out safely without the risk of the other jumping out! Thank you for everyone's advice though :)

Back