• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Friend For A Giant

Sparky9

New Kit
Hi everyone,
I have a giant continental buck and i am looking for a friend for him, I was just wondering do I have to get a same sized rabbit (giant). I would prefer to get a smaller size than giant like a English Spot breed. Is this a wrong thing to do??
Many Thanks xx

Welcome to RU! I'm sure your buck will very much appreciate a friend. A lot of people feel male / female matches are best. Both buns will obviously need neutering if they haven't been already about 6 weeks before introductions. Personalities are the only really significant factor, size won't matter. In my (somewhat limited experience - I've only bonded 5 buns) the best way to work out a good potential match is to discuss suitable wives with a local rabbit rescue & see if they can set up a date on neutral turf. I think this initial meeting is a really good indicator of how likely buns are likely to get on. Most rescue buns are already neutered & vaccinated too. Good luck

I have a giant and a dwarf lop together. And I have a french lop with a dutch. Size doesn't matter they all get along just the same!

Delilah is my conti x French lop, 7+ kgs and Frankie is a lovely little lionhead x weighing in at around 2.5kgs.........both very much in love.

Moley and Poppy been together for 2 and half years. Money gets a bit excited at feeding time but he somehow knows where Poppy is and even in his excitement, at the last minute jumps over her rather landing on her. :love:
Here is an idea of size difference
b50f17fabf6afa6c05cce94c214d60de.jpg

Moley and Poppy been together for 2 and half years. Money gets a bit excited at feeding time but he somehow knows where Poppy is and even in his excitement, at the last minute jumps over her rather landing on her. :love:
Here is an idea of size difference
b50f17fabf6afa6c05cce94c214d60de.jpg

:love: I love these two!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back