• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Manor pet housing....what to order?!

ImoT

Mama Doe
So I'm planning on treating myself (well Winston) to some things from MPH. I am thinking of getting a 2 hole budget hay feeder, a 2 tier corner fort and a warren hide to put on one side of the corner fort. In the future I would like to get bunny manor/some castles/a warren tunnel. However I just thought I would see if any of you have any suggestions or recommendations before I place an order? :)

We have some two tier castles and I think they are called castle tunnels?

Our buns love them. I will certainly be getting more.

I did request they made mine without the holes in the middle as I was worried about bunny feet getting stuck. The holes are there to make them easier to pick up but it just seems like an accident waiting to happen if you ask me.

I've just realised that they are about 20 minutes up the road from me! Does anyone know if they have an actual walk in shop? I've just been looking at their stuff, it looks incredible and just what I've been looking for to add interest and levels to my shed and kitchen bunny areas.

Thank you for posting this, I'd seen photos of this type of stuff but couldn't find any suppliers in the UK - just ones in Germany :thumb:

I've got the delux hay bar with the built-in litter tray. The buns love to sit on top of the hay storage area as well in the litter tray.

I've got the delux hay bar with the built-in litter tray. The buns love to sit on top of the hay storage area as well in the litter tray.
I really like the look of that. My four are champion litter tray tippers so I'm looking for a way to make that a bit harder for them!

We have some two tier castles and I think they are called castle tunnels?

Our buns love them. I will certainly be getting more.

I did request they made mine without the holes in the middle as I was worried about bunny feet getting stuck. The holes are there to make them easier to pick up but it just seems like an accident waiting to happen if you ask me.

I am looking at the castles and warren tunnels and can't see the holes you are talking about?! I can see holes on the hay bars but that's it :-/

I love the delux hay bar with litter tray, but Winston has a habit of weeing over the edge of those sorts of litter trays. He likes the corner ones so he can back into it fully. I don't want to risk spending all that money on it and then have him wee all over the edge onto the wood and carpet!

I've been looking at them too for my quad, how well do you think they'd stand up to outdoor use if treated?

I've just realised that they are about 20 minutes up the road from me! Does anyone know if they have an actual walk in shop? I've just been looking at their stuff, it looks incredible and just what I've been looking for to add interest and levels to my shed and kitchen bunny areas.

I'm afraid I have no idea for either of those questions, hopefully someone who can answer them will come along :)

Maybe they have stopped putting holes in them. But the castle tiers definitely did have holes right in the centre of the floors to put your fingers in for lifting.

I looked earlier and couldn't believe how expensive they were! I know wood isn't exactly cheap, but what makes them so expensive?

How is everything stuck together?

I think they are glued rather than nailed but i'm not 100% sure. There is nothing else like it on the market really and it looks fantastic quality. I've never heard anyone having any complaints about quality or anything. I think as the rabbits are kept in our living room it is important to have something that looks nice as well as is great enrichment for the bunnies. So to us it's almost like buying pieces of furniture for the living room, and as furniture goes it's not that expensive :p I think this is how I am justifying it to myself….!

there are definitely some sort of nails in them or staples but they are incredibly solid, there is no chance of them coming apart.

I didn't realise there were holes when I bought my first one so have put carpet squares on it. The next order I requested them without :)

Back