• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cardboard castles

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
Did there used to be someone called the cardboard man or something who did customised castles for rabbits? :? I don't know if I've imagined this :oops: but if it was real does anyone know if he still makes them?

Or does anyone know where I can get a nice cardboard castle? I don't really like the ones I've found!

It was real - I saw adverts in some old rabbiting ons but when I looked at the url it didn't exist any more so I don't think they're in business any longer

I wonder what adhesives / processes they use to fix stuff together? I'd love to try to make my own

I bought Ferg a cardboard castle for Christmas from pets at home - no adhesive or anything it all slotted together with tabs and slots cut in the cardboard

It was a waste of money - he wasn't interested at all apart from eating the bits he could reach :lol: I ended up taking it apart and making other things out of it :)

Im sure there was a thread on here somewhere where someone had made their own out of boxes - that looked good! I want to save up and get a manor pet housing castle but they're sooooo pricey :(

Thanks guys

I've seen the manor pet housing wooden ones but they come already assembled so postage will be ridic :roll: :lol:

I just put big cardboard boxes in for the buns when I have them and cut holes in, beano and Gordon pretty much ignore them which is why I've never bought anything similar as I thought they would! But new bun Jake has one and seems to enjoy jumping on it and sleeping inside it, he dragged a blanket in and spent most of yesterday in it popping out every now and again to visit the litter tray!

Yeah my two constantly have various size cardboard boxes to destroy or play in. I just want them to have a pretty castle too :lol:

I bought Ferg a cardboard castle for Christmas from pets at home - no adhesive or anything it all slotted together with tabs and slots cut in the cardboard

It was a waste of money - he wasn't interested at all apart from eating the bits he could reach :lol: I ended up taking it apart and making other things out of it :)

Im sure there was a thread on here somewhere where someone had made their own out of boxes - that looked good! I want to save up and get a manor pet housing castle but they're sooooo pricey :(

:lol: Same here. I got one for Scrappy a few weeks ago and she has not shown the slightest interest in it. I've tried putting treats and hay in and dangling some dandelions and plantain from the windows to tempt her but no joy so far :(

:lol: Same here. I got one for Scrappy a few weeks ago and she has not shown the slightest interest in it. I've tried putting treats and hay in and dangling some dandelions and plantain from the windows to tempt her but no joy so far :(

I could just about get him to go in the bottom layer but apart from that it was a no go. The turrets make nice little hay feeders if you cut holes in them and stuff them with hay though!

The turrets make nice little hay feeders if you cut holes in them and stuff them with hay though!

Ohh thats a good idea! Ill definitely try that out, thanks.

Actually, Lance loved his; it just took a bit of encouraging to get him interested to begin with. He loved sticking his head out the windows and having head rubs through them [emoji38] but he also really enjoyed tearing it to shreads so not much is left now! I dismantled it because i didnt want it to collapse whilst he was on it but kept all of the parts. Im glad i did now, ill try the hay rack idea tonight :thumb:

Back