• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think rabbits sick!

dasiychain

Young Bun
Hi can anyone give me some advise please? My rabbit biscuit isn't himself. I checked on him last night and he didnt come and see me but i checked he was so but this morning he was the same. I thought he was dead at first as he was flopped in his side and wasn't moving. Even when I called his name he still didn't do
Anything, after moving him he move and walked off and when I got close he walked off again. I managed to pick him up and he didn't flinch where as normal he runs off and tries to jump out my arms. He has no broken bones scratches and his bum is dead clean. I put him down and he run of And thumped and then sat there, I gave him food and he didnf want it and gave him water which he had several sips out of but he hasn't changed much?

What could be wrong??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have any advice except he probably needs a visit to the vets by the sounds of it. Hope he improves soon.

Your rabbit is clearly unwell and needs to see a vet urgently - rabbits go dow hill extremely quickly. Good luck with your appointment and do let us know how you get on

It sounds like Biscuit could do with a trip to the vet as soon as you can.

Rabbits need to constantly graze throughout the day to keep their digestive system moving so, if he isn't eating at all, he definitely needs to be seen promptly especially as you've noticed a change in his general behaviour too. It's impossible to say what's wrong - rabbits are very good at disguising their pain and symptoms like you've described could be caused by a whole host of things but your vet will be able to run a number of basic checks to try to work out what's troubling him.

Hopefully he'll feel better soon. x

Definitely a vet visit needed asap especially as he's not eating and not behaving as you would normally expect. I'm guessing that he's not pooing as well?

Opps, sorry for repeating what was already said, Babsie hadn't posted when I started typing....... :oops:

We moved to Germany in aug so bit wary about their skills! Luckily were living with my partners cousin and he happened to be off today and checked on him every hour and he was slowly improving. When I got home he was fine - not 100% but moving. I brought fresh basil and fresh hay and he hasn't stopped eating it since, I checked on him now and he's running around jumpin on me and jumping on the hutch. He's not much of a hay eater so we have to buy greeny lookin hay or he won't touch it! He's did this before in December as well! It's almost like every couple of months his tummy needs helps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back