• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ear, ear!

I took Widget aged possibly 2yrs and Ginny aged 8 and a bit yrs to vet for their annual vaccinations and check - ups this afternoon. Widget had everything tweaked, pulled, poked and prodded and his jab and was weighed. He was pronounced Fine! Ginny, I was slightly concerned about as she had a stroke two yrs ago and recently had become quite a bit more wobbly and stiff. The vet, lovely girl named Katy, gave Ginny a good going over, heart, lungs, teeth, eyes, personal bits. Then I just happened to say in passing could she have a look in her ears as I only noticed a couple of times that Ginny had given her head a shake. HUGE SHOCK. Ginny had huge amounts if earwax impacted in her right ear. The vet got loads out. When I say loads. ..I mean huge lumps. She said she didn't think she'd ever seen so much come out of a rabbits ear (she's only a young girl). Ginny didn''t get her vaccination, not really due until July. She did get some eardrops and Metacam for her stiff joints. I'm so glad I just mentioned the ears. She looked quite lively when we got home and her and Widget jumped up among the flower pots and lay in the sunshine. Hopefully Ginny will get back to her normal self soon.

I took Widget aged possibly 2yrs and Ginny aged 8 and a bit yrs to vet for their annual vaccinations and check - ups this afternoon. Widget had everything tweaked, pulled, poked and prodded and his jab and was weighed. He was pronounced Fine! Ginny, I was slightly concerned about as she had a stroke two yrs ago and recently had become quite a bit more wobbly and stiff. The vet, lovely girl named Katy, gave Ginny a good going over, heart, lungs, teeth, eyes, personal bits. Then I just happened to say in passing could she have a look in her ears as I only noticed a couple of times that Ginny had given her head a shake. HUGE SHOCK. Ginny had huge amounts if earwax impacted in her right ear. The vet got loads out. When I say loads. ..I mean huge lumps. She said she didn't think she'd ever seen so much come out of a rabbits ear (she's only a young girl). Ginny didn''t get her vaccination, not really due until July. She did get some eardrops and Metacam for her stiff joints. I'm so glad I just mentioned the ears. She looked quite lively when we got home and her and Widget jumped up among the flower pots and lay in the sunshine. Hopefully Ginny will get back to her normal self soon.

Thank goodness you remembered to mention the ears :thumb:

I hope the ear drops help clear everything out and she's back to normal soon. Sounds like they had a lovely afternoon soaking up the sun :D

Thankyou. I hadn't noticed anything apart from the odd shake of her head. Where she had the stroke she has quite a weakness on her right side and drags her right hind leg a bit and obviously can't scratch herself so can't keep her ear clean. Naughty me for not noticing, although I couldn't see without a pen light to shine down. It was very deep inside.

Back