• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Otis had his first acupuncture session this morning./ UD 14 may

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
He wasn't as relaxed about it as I had hoped. But because it was the first session he was pulled about and prodded quite a bit to see what he could do and where the right spots are. Hopefully future sessions will be easier on him.

Sarah has worked with lots of our rabbits in the past and is currently working on another conti who fractured his leg so Otis is in great hands.

She is also optimistic about Otis. While he will never walk normally again she believes it will be possible to get him back up on his feet and take some wobbly hops with lots of hard work. I will be more than happy is we achieve that for him :)

We are back next Tuesday for session two.

Sarah is in Spain for the rest of this week on a neurological conference thingy so she is taking some notes on Otis with her to asked specific questions about him :)

08b6c4ed08a1ba19c509699feeafebaa.jpg

9754652afac984a4dda5cbcbb23599c1.jpg

78d0e5e32479e76ccf544325fba90244.jpg

Last edited:
So yesterday was odd. At lunchtime Otis started having some sort of involuntary movement in his hind legs. We don't know if it is nerves regenerating, reflexes or muscle spasms. Otis had no control over them but was aware of it and at times bothered by it. They went on for hours and hours, some of it quite violent kicking. I must admit I was quite concerned about it.

I've spoken to his physio who thinks it is a positive thing and hopefully not painful for him. But she is coming out to see Otis Sunday just to make sure all is OK. We are very lucky to have her :)

After a bath and blow dry this morning his legs have settled right down again. I think the warmth of the water and hair dryer have helped relax them.

I hope too that this movement is a positive thing......fingers crossed here.

So after a bath and blow dry......back to watching some tv for you Otis? :love:

Back