• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Small poos

clarebear

Mama Doe
I'm a little concerned about the size of Bungee' s poops. Over the last few days some of them seem to be very small and dark. She normally does enormous golden poops. She is moulting at the moment and I was wondering if this could be the cause? We lost her partner Bo a month ago. Could she have started to pine for him?

I reakon that moulting is the most likely cause. Has she had any changes to her diet recently? My lot tend to have darker poos because they get loads of grass and forage each day.

Hope you get some more knowledgeable replies.

She has got some new hay and readigrass, but her poops were darker and smaller before I gave her this. She usually just has meadow hay, and has big golden poopies!
I'll give her another good brush later on today.

I definitely think it's the moulting. Try and get as much of the fur off as possible with a brush. Also if she is getting a lot of grass like Tulsi said they will be darker and smaller. I'm making sure Doughnut is out on the grass as much as possible to help her digestion and I pick it for her before I go to work. I would just keep an eye on her and if she doesn't drink a lot or her poop slows down further pop her along to the vets. They can give her a bit of metaclop to speed her up again!

Back