• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best brush for removing fur?

DanAboutTown

Young Bun
One of my rabbits is currently losing her winter coat, making the transition from huge furball to much skinnier bunny, but in the process there is so much fur coming off her! We've tried a couple of different brushes to help remove the excess fur, but nothing seems to be working too well. Does anybody have a recommendation for a brush or technique that they use to remove fur?

Thanks!

Have you tried a zoom groom? They're about a fiver on eBay - I bought one this year for mine but he's only a short haired bunny and he's not that fluffy :)

They seem to get the fur out pretty well but the fur doesn't always stick to the brush so does end up floating round if you're doing a big brush! Think I've read somewhere about wetting it then drying it so it's very slightly damp to make it stick but I just used a damp hand after brushing :)

For a fiver they do the job though!

Back