• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat repellent!

DanAboutTown

Young Bun
Hi,

We have quite a large population of cats in our area and, while this doesn't seem to worry our rabbits, they are destroying my garden and pooping everywhere! I'd like to use a cat repellent (either a sonic one or spray), but am a bit worried that the bunnies might be able to hear it and it might unsettle them. Has anybody had any experience with cat repellent and if so, were the rabbits ok with it?

Get a cat of your own or a dog;) just kidding

I have 2 cats so others don't get I to my garden as my 2 see them off but I think the audible ones don't bother buns but not too sure will be nice to find out

Didn't want to read and run :D

I have 4 sonic cat scarers now! I cover them if the piggies are out though. They flash and make a sound.

Cats get used to them (hence the fact that I now have 4 to cover all bases!)

I have 4 sonic cat scarers now! I cover them if the piggies are out though. They flash and make a sound.

Cats get used to them (hence the fact that I now have 4 to cover all bases!)

I've tried two different ones from Amazon. The solar powered one is better, and obviously also has the advantage of no batteries.

i have one to stop my cat jumping over the fence to the road. she has never gone to the road since we have had her, so i am thinking it must work.

Why not just cat proof your garden to stop them coming in and any cats you may have going out?

Back