• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I do?

Jolysium

Mama Doe
I'm moving house soon from a four bed semi to a two bed flat. The bunnies don't know about it yet and I don't think they're going to be best pleased, having been used to having their own floors of the house!

Harribun and Heidi are separate at the moment as they had such an horrendous fight when I tried to re-bond them. Heidi was quite badly injured and scared by it, she was screaming and it was awful. Harribun seems much happier without her to be honest - he didn't like being bossed around and once nearly died after choking on a pellet because he didn't want to share his food with her. :roll: I think maybe Heidi is a bit lonely at times though. I was considering having them in the same room but separate, so they can see each other and interact from a safe distance without anyone getting injured, but I'm not sure whether this would stress them out. If they can't be fully together would it be better to have them fully separate? Has anyone tried anything like this or got any thoughts?

Also I think Fred and Freda may have to be outdoor bunnies once I move. I think it's better they go outside than either of the others because they've got each other. Fred has been an indoor bunny for the majority of his seven and a half years though, and he's quite skinny after having his abscesses. Would it be safe for him to go outside at this stage of life and without much padding on him?

Thanks for any thoughts :)

I can't offer any advice about Fred moving outside I'm afraid, although I think it stills gets a bit cold on a night in my opinion but I'm sure there's measures you could take to keep them warm?
Sorry your other pair had a fight, I hope they settle I think they'd be OK being kept where they could see each other.
Good luck anyway and sorry I couldn't offer better advice!

Back