• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh bedding - anyone use it?

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hello :wave:

I was cleaning out Flo today, didn't have enough wood shavings so went to P@H and whilst browsing saw the Carefresh and thought I'd try it. Flo has had eye problems not seemingly caused by anything so thought maybe she was getting dust in her eye. I thought carefresh would be a good alternative and reduce the risk of respiratory problems etc.

I bought the 25l bag that 'expands' to 60l... was rather disappointed when I used it as I had to use half the bag to cover her entire 6X2X2 hutch! Especially as it cost me £20!!! Didn't really expand at all!

Anyone else used it? It seems really good quality and better than wood shavings but so expensive. Are there any cheaper alternatives?

I use something similar called Cosi n Dry - looks exactly the same but light brown and is a bit cheaper, think it's about £14 for a huge bag thing.

I use it for a 4x2x2 litter area and get 3 clean outs out of the bag (sorry can't remember what size - need to get some more tomorrow!) and it seems miles softer :) they sell it in p@h - think it's near all the hay usually! Doesn't look as pretty as care fresh but does the job :)

Back