• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding time

Bunny Magoo

Warren Scout
So Mr Magoo is off to a rescue place tomorrow to hopefully find a companion! He'll be away for a week, I won't know what I'll do with myself. I hope he'll be OK and will eat,drink and poop as normal!

I'm in a similar boat to you, my girl goes off on Monday, so not looking forward being without her, but will be worth it. Will they introduce your boy to a few girls or did you pick one. Hope all goes well for you both.

Good luck you two :) I hope they find love easily. Do they stay a full week even if things go amazingly well?

I'm in a similar boat to you, my girl goes off on Monday, so not looking forward being without her, but will be worth it. Will they introduce your boy to a few girls or did you pick one. Hope all goes well for you both.
We have a few potential ladies lined up as potential matches so they'll try him with one then if no success they'll try the next one. Just so worried as he's never stayed away from home before and as he's a house bun he's used to having his own room! Think he has to stay the whole week,but would rather that to ensure a successful bond!

We have a few potential ladies lined up as potential matches so they'll try him with one then if no success they'll try the next one. Just so worried as he's never stayed away from home before and as he's a house bun he's used to having his own room! Think he has to stay the whole week,but would rather that to ensure a successful bond!

that's exactly what we have planned too, just that it's boys in our case. I picked 4 based on size and age and they will let her "speed date", but like you, my concerns as such are the exact same, she's never stayed anywhere alone, the longest time she was away was when I had her spayed, and those were the hardest few hours without her. Guess it does help that I work from home and she's in my room, so I basically spend most of my day with her. so will be weird without her around. And then of course, she's a house bun too, like yours, so again the whole being used to having her own room, own space etc... and she can be bossy... so we'll see. but for now.. lets hope Mr Magoo will bond well and bring home a lovely lady for you to meet.

i hope he comes home with a lovely lady to spend the rest of his life with. bless.

that's exactly what we have planned too, just that it's boys in our case. I picked 4 based on size and age and they will let her "speed date", but like you, my concerns as such are the exact same, she's never stayed anywhere alone, the longest time she was away was when I had her spayed, and those were the hardest few hours without her. Guess it does help that I work from home and she's in my room, so I basically spend most of my day with her. so will be weird without her around. And then of course, she's a house bun too, like yours, so again the whole being used to having her own room, own space etc... and she can be bossy... so we'll see. but for now.. lets hope Mr Magoo will bond well and bring home a lovely lady for you to meet.
We've also selected on age and size. fingers crossed both our buns will have success and when they return home there's no problems! Just looking at getting a puppy pen as we've been advised that when they first come home it's a good idea to restrict their space for a while, to prevent them sitting in opposite ends of the room!

Bonding isn't going aswell as we hoped! 😕, my little man is finding it very stressful and he didn't even want to eat for the first day! He's now being kept inside and apparently is alot happier, his potential friend has been placed along side him and they seem ok which is a good sign. So stressed and worried at the mo, but am doing this all for him as I firmly believe he'll be happier with a bunny companion. 🐰🐇

Hope he'll be ok in the end. Bunbuns was not happy with a few of her matches, then this one she is with now, they have been together since early Monday morning and they act like they have known each other all their life.... so she may be coming home tomorrow, with her new hubby. So hopefully Mr Magoo will be just fine with her in the end. he is a cute little one, and he deserves to be happy., no doubt that he'll be much happier in the end. hope all goes well though, would love to hear how he gets on over the next few days. fingers crossed

Glad to hear things are going well for Bunsbuns, keep us posted on the homecomings! Keeping everything crossed for Mr Magoo, I know he's a sensitive soul and thought he'd find it unsettling but didn't think he'd be this bad.

Typical bloke...... wants a bunny to love then when he has the choice of some gorgeous lady buns it's all too much!

Hope now that he's feeling more settled he can get to know his potential friend a little better and realise that she would make a great companion for him!

Really hope your buns find the love of their lives, fingers and paws crossed here for happy ever afters x

Bonding is still going slow and my little man is still at the rescue place. Sounds as though things are heading in right direction but slowly! Think it's because they are both the shy and anxious type, hoping for some grooming and snuggling up together soon!

Bonding is still going slow and my little man is still at the rescue place. Sounds as though things are heading in right direction but slowly! Think it's because they are both the shy and anxious type, hoping for some grooming and snuggling up together soon!

so far so good .......................

22194_920150988028629_5526545401985548503_n_zpsvvlwajld.jpg

Ahhh Magoo and Daisy! You're so well suited, just trust each other and Magoo yes your fur is lovely but Daisy can do just as good as job as you at grooming! Don't be over protective of your fur!

Daisy and her hubby Mr Magoo went home on Saturday and have been doing nicely since. Their bunny parents have given me updates and apart from a bit of mounting from Mr M since they got home (to be expected as it's his home turf) they've been lovely apparently with grooming and lots of flops.

I hope the bond continues to develop as I really think they are soul mates.

I'm sure we'll get some more photos in due course :)

6aba6981815f77cad32d0e2d0f651f9c.jpg
24c523d4dddb73eff02d6e27d5eda346.jpg
Mr Magoo still being a bit nippy and chasing, like he's trying to mount. He also needs to learn to share his food! But in general all seems to be good signs, sleeping next to each other, bunny flops with some grooming thrown in!

Back