• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Corsodyl dental gel

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
Has anyone used this on bunnies?
My vet has recommended it for Alice as she has inflamed gums but I'm a little weary...

Was it JC who recommended it ?

I have not used it on Rabbits myself, but I am aware that JC often prescribes it.

Was it JC who recommended it ?

I have not used it on Rabbits myself, but I am aware that JC often prescribes it.

No it was my local vet who is also bunny savvy.
We're due to see JC in a month or so but didn't want to hold off to check with him if it's okay.

No it was my local vet who is also bunny savvy.
We're due to see JC in a month or so but didn't want to hold off to check with him if it's okay.

I cant remember who it was on here who was advised to use it, pretty sure it was JC who gave the advice

I'm going to give him a call he's usually great and gives me advice over the phone.
I use corsodyl myself and it is strong stuff so really nervous about putting it in a little bunny mouth :(

I'm going to give him a call he's usually great and gives me advice over the phone.
I use corsodyl myself and it is strong stuff so really nervous about putting it in a little bunny mouth :(

Due to the risks, I don't even use Corsodyl mouthwash for myself, so I definitely wouldn't use the gel on my rabbits :shock:

You say you're a little weary?

Back