• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vets4pets - vac4life scheme?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Is anyone involved in this? Just came across it and as far as I can see looks good, the combined vaccine for the pets life for £99. The buns aren't currently registered at a vets over here as I can register when/if I need to make an appointment as I've done the same and taken my rats to aire veterinary centre which is a bit closer but its not that much longer travelling to a vets4pets practice in leeds so I'm thinking of taking the buns there for their vaccine, they're due this month and have to be vaccinated in the last 30 days to qualify so will pay usual price this time then think about paying for the vac4life after some more research.
Also has anyone been to the vets4pets in Leeds or another branch and can recommend it as being bunny savvy?

Our 2 are with vets4pets, they do ask whenever we go in if we want the vac4life but I'm scared to take the plunge, knowing my luck if we do get it then something bad will happen to them, don't want to jinx it! :oops:

If mine were younger I'd totally do it! Personally I wouldn't swap about between surgeries, using one for vaccinations and another for other stuff; vets make notes all the time including at vaccination so you wouldn't have a complete set of vet notes at one place and good continuity of care with a vet who knows the animals. My own view is that it's not worth disrupting continuity of care for the sake of a bargain, but if you're considering swapping to the practice entirely, then I think it's very good value for money if you have young animals. Vets4Pets is sort of a chain, but it's really like a franchise so each practice is different and good/bad depending on the individual vets who run them, so I think you'd have to take a judgement call of the practice on its own merits.

Thank you, sorry I wasn't clear with my first post I've not long moved to Leeds so the buns have only been registered with one other practice back at home, I haven't had to take them to a vet here thank fully but my rats have so they've been to aire vets but rather than taking the bunnies there I'll be looking to register them at vets4pets solely where I'll have to pay full price for this years vaccines but then can opt into the scheme. I'm just a bit wary of registering them at a vets I've never been to but can always ask more about the vaccination scheme if I take the plunge and go there. Beano and Gordon are five so although not young as such definitely not old though! Thank you again for both replies/advice

Worth having a look around as some practices might be offering vaccination deals next week for RAW.

I have one rabbit in the Vacs4Life scheme with Companion Care and that is my main vet. 2 of mine are always due around now so I usually just get their vaccs with Easipetcare who do them for £20 in May but they are also registered with Companion Care although neither of them have needed any treatment (fingers crossed). The fourth one has her vaccs in February and her age and history is a little doubtful - probably around 5/6. I, therefore, decided not to sign her up for Vacs4Life and pay full price for her (less 10% NHS discount :D).

Thank you all :) I've looked at aire vets and Leeds vets4pets but they're not advertising any offers or anything about RAW, but never mind. I think I'll register and get them an appointment for their vaccs and then can ask more about the vac4life :)

Mango has vacs for life, it's paid for its self this year, didn't sign Ron up as he was 6, he is 9 this year and like a young bun, wishes I had signed him up now as am sure the price for the jab will go up.

Back