• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H Adoption Centre Rabbits- A Question

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Do they come with a free microchip and a Free Voucher for Vaccination ?

Asking as seen something odd on the Freeads

Well there is an ad for a Rabbit with both micro-chip and vaccine voucher up for sale for £80.00 and they have only had said Rabbit for 2 weeks :? If they just made a token donation to obtain the Rabbit then are they trying to make a profit from the sale and will they repeat the exercise ?

Well there is an ad for a Rabbit with both micro-chip and vaccine voucher up for sale for £80.00 and they have only had said Rabbit for 2 weeks :? If they just made a token donation to obtain the Rabbit then are they trying to make a profit from the sale and will they repeat the exercise ?

:shock: blimey - you could be right there. Shocking!

Yep... donations above £5 are accepted...

Unfortunately this probably happens a lot. Or they get them neutered/spayed/vaccinated and then sell them on as they're worth more then.

God, I hate people.

I am currently reading the latest rabbiting on and do wonder who the bad pet shop could be that cannot be mentioned yet

Oh good grief - it would never have crossed my mind that this could be a way to make money. Disgusting if this is the case.

Do they offer this with adoption rabbits in every store? In the one near me the poster/info only says the rabbits are micro chipped and come with a neutering voucher of up to £50 with vets 4 pets but I've never seen anything about vacs...
I hope you're concerns re free add aren't true poor bunnies :(
ETA: I was only in the adoption bit, well in p@h at all really as a 'friends' rabbit has ended up there and I went in to see if he was still there. Been a month now and he's lovely, I keep thinking of him and hoping he gets a good home. I'd have taken him but have to think of beano and Gordon, living in a flat if a trio wouldn't work wouldn't be fair on any bun. Hoping they're more strict on who they let 'adopt' anyway :(

Last edited:
Things like this are nothing unusual, a routine scam is to pick up 'free to good home' animals and they are sold later on for money.
I've heard of a case where someone saw her dog for sale on Facebook, before the new 'owner' had even picked her up.
We call them 'peddlers'!

How awful :( They should really ask for a much larger donation than £5 to make things like this less likely!

Back