• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly - U/D it's not teeth

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Took Molly back to the vets this morning. She is no better than she was last week so the vet looked at her teeth. She has small spurs on 2 of her back molars so they took her in to deal with them.

I then had a phone call to say that when looking in her mouth under sedation they couldn't see much wrong so they took a head X-ray. It was the receptionist I spoke to so she wouldn't tell me what the X-ray shows but the vet has asked to see me at 6.30pm today. My gut tells me it is not going to be good news. :cry:

Any spare vibes would be appreciated.

Last edited:
lots of vibes. make them show you the xrays.

when the vet was suggesting Charlie had spurs i asked for evidence and suddenly he didn't have them any more, they were suddenly 'very small' and 'not going to cause him any problems'.

Poor Molls :cry: It may be that the Xray shows tooth root elongation. Whilst that would not be wonderful news the condition can be managed with good analgesic cover and regular monitoring of the molar crowns to make sure they do not become long.

Sending lots of vibes for Molly xx

Took Molly back to the vets this morning. She is no better than she was last week so the vet looked at her teeth. She has small spurs on 2 of her back molars so they took her in to deal with them.

I then had a phone call to say that when looking in her mouth under sedation they couldn't see much wrong so they took a head X-ray. It was the receptionist I spoke to so she wouldn't tell me what the X-ray shows but the vet has asked to see me at 6.30pm today. My gut tells me it is not going to be good news. :cry:

Any spare vibes would be appreciated.

Sending many many vibes for a good outcome for your vet's visit this evening. It's no good speculating ..... You'll be there soon and know all the facts! At least you have a vet who takes skull X-rays when they haven't identified the problem :thumb:

So, back from the vets.....

The vet checked her teeth and took an X-ray and although she had very tiny Spurs which were dealt with the vet didn't feel that they were bad enough to cause all of Molly's problems. just because she had no other ideas she did another X-ray this time of Molly's chest. Well, she has a nasty chest infection. The vet said, and I quote, 'about as bad as it can get'. She is now on more antibiotics, septrin, and we will see how she goes. I had my children with me at the appointment so I didn't feel able to ask questions about prognosis so I may call the vet tomorrow.

For now Molly is home safe and we will love her as we always do.

The vet checked her teeth and took an X-ray and although she had very tiny Spurs which were dealt with the vet didn't feel that they were bad enough to cause all of Molly's problems. just because she had no other ideas she did another X-ray this time of Molly's chest. Well, she has a nasty chest infection. The vet said, and I quote, 'about as bad as it can get'. She is now on more antibiotics, septrin, and we will see how she goes. I had my children with me at the appointment so I didn't feel able to ask questions about prognosis so I may call the vet tomorrow.

I hope the Septrin kicks in quickly and that Molly will be feeling better within herself ASAP.

poor molly. sending her lots of vibes and i hope she feels better soon. i have a real soft spot for her, i think she's so beautiful :love:

I'm sorry to hear this, but it's good that your vet was resourceful enough to take the X-rays to find out!

I do hope the abx kick in soon and make her feel a lot better xx

Back