• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Her 1st groom

lenslady

Alpha Buck
So after a week at home with us the bonding process between me and Gypsy is going really well.
Today I introduced the moulting mitten and she allowed me to smooth her down for a good 20 minutes :love:, she was very reluctant to go back in her pen lol but when she did she appeared very relaxed. I really think she enjoyed it and it must have her given her a calming feeling. I don't think she will be as relaxed when I introduce the claw clippers though which she needs doing terribly. Will leave that for a few more days I think :roll: xx

She looks very beautiful !!

I have just replied on your thread in 'Health'. I agree that Gypsy does look to be a lot older than 11 weeks. Of course it is impossible to be certain from a photo, but still................

Thanks Jack's-Jane. She certainly does not look like an 11 week old. She has grown loads in one week though and either she must be a big rabbit or she is on the smaller side for her age and I have been given the wrong age for her ;/. She needs to be seen by a vet because it will confuse matters in regard to spaying ect. I will be quite furious if she is much older because I think that is terrible, especially in regard to her health. Will try and get her booked in either today or tomorrow for her vet check and vacs xx

Thanks Jack's-Jane. She certainly does not look like an 11 week old. She has grown loads in one week though and either she must be a big rabbit or she is on the smaller side for her age and I have been given the wrong age for her ;/. She needs to be seen by a vet because it will confuse matters in regard to spaying ect. I will be quite furious if she is much older because I think that is terrible, especially in regard to her health. Will try and get her booked in either today or tomorrow for her vet check and vacs xx

Yes, getting her vaccinated ASAP will certainly be a good idea. The vaccine can be given from 5 weeks of age and Gypsy is certainly well past that (no offence Gypsy !! :lol:)

This is the data sheet for the vaccine used :

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD...pension_for_injection_for_rabbits/-64396.html

What stunning pictures of your beautiful Gypsy.

I agree that she may (haha may) not be quite as relaxed about nail clipping as she is about the grooming mitten. Good luck!

Have you tried getting back to the breeder to ask, as it's obviously important for the spaying? Does can usually be spayed at 5 months, so long as they are bodily mature enough.

What a beautiful girl she is :wave:

She is gorgeous :love: you're lucky, at two years of age my girls still barley tolerate grooming and claw clipping, they like nose rubs though :roll: :lol:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I think she looks to be about 11 weeks. My French lop Bellatrix is 13 weeks now and looks to be bigger than gypsy on the photos! Bella is already the size of a 'normal' rabbit!

Back