• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wildies round the Science Park

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
These photos were taken before the recent Myxi outbreak over that way: there are far fewer buns out and about now :(

Buns doing bun-stuff. And a magpie.

10941132_10101451855763208_4359231163225349279_n.jpg

Through the trees.

10959714_10101451855503728_8285452303156306591_n.jpg

This is a tiny baby who wouldn't run away from us until we were on top of him, and then he just hid. No decent survival instinct! When we came back the same way, he ran towards us before hiding. Idiot. If he wasn't already afflicted with Myxi (may explain the weird behaviour?), then the local rabbit-hunting cat or cats probably got him that night. Haven't seen him since. Matt wanted to bring him home, because he was cute: I think rabbits of all ages are the same cuteness, TBH :) Only the supertiny babies are a bit cuter! Matt's not stupid enough to actually do that though :) And with the Myxi thing, I'm VERY glad he isn't!

10982195_10101555121383078_1401269138051360143_n.jpg

He's wet, but not wet through: it's just rained and he's a bit damp :) I was about a foot away at this point! I only took a quick picture (was a foot away for all of 5s) and moved on so I didn't overly worry him :) He's about 7" long. The other baby rabbit is bigger and much more wary of people! Doesn't run at first sight, but we stopped for forage and he moved away from us: he'd just watched as we walked past otherwise :)

We use to get loads of wildies in our garden and I use to put hay out for them and they were beautiful to see and they would sit in the sun on a Summers day
but we have none now at all sadly as what hasn't died of Myxi have been shot I think by the farmers round here :cry:

wildies are lovely, I used to love caravan holidays when little, grand parents said every late evening look out your windows now the wildies are out :love:

We use to get loads of wildies in our garden and I use to put hay out for them and they were beautiful to see and they would sit in the sun on a Summers day
but we have none now at all sadly as what hasn't died of Myxi have been shot I think by the farmers round here :cry:

Same here. I just want to cry at night lying in bed listening to the shots. And again, myxi is absolutely rife here too.

Sorry, just totally dragged the thread down didn't I! At the moment the abby wildies are healthy, and so cute! Busy enjoying themselves digging up the vegetable patch!

Back