• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large rabbit as pet

seasonaire

New Kit
Hi I am looking for a Large Breed rabbit to share my life on my Narrowboat. I am moored at Nottingham and am looking for a breeder in the local area, can anyone help please?

Albert

Hi I am looking for a Large Breed rabbit to share my life on my Narrowboat. I am moored at Nottingham and am looking for a breeder in the local area, can anyone help please?

Albert

Hello, had you considered obtaining a Giant Rabbit from a Rescue Centre rather than from a Breeder ? I am not sure that many people on here will know of any Breeders as most Forum Members only advocate obtaining Rescue Rabbits.

Good luck with your search :)

Albert

Hi Albert :wave:

This is a friendly Forum, and someone may know of a reputable breeder around your area, as people on here do get their rabbits from breeders. However, you might be wise to look on other sites and search the Internet, to widen your scope of opportunity!

Best of luck :thumb:

Albert

Welcome to RU. Excellent advice already been given.

I have a conti x French lop doe, 7+ kgs of naughtiness and mischief....and she has a little friend, Frankie, an ickle lionhead cross. Both neutered and both from a rescue.

Best of luck in finding a suitable bunny friend to share your narrow boat with.

I take it your planning on a free range (uncaged) bunny? I'd tend to go for one already neutered as they'll be easier to house train, if you go for a slightly older (6+ month plus) bunny you'll have a better idea of personality too. Rabbits nature can change a lot as they hit puberty so going slightly older you'll get a much better idea of behaviour and you can pick one that will suit living that way. A rescue would definitely be a good way to find just the right bunny and they have a wide variety of breeds and different ages usually.

Back