• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How many water bowls do you have in your bun place?

Holhol

Alpha Buck
Fergie is driving me mad!! He has 2 water bowls in his pen, which is fine in the day but he throws his toys in them at night!

I gave him 2 to make sure even if he'd put a toy in one the other one was there for him to drink out of, but it is his life's mission to throw every toy in every bowl!!! I keep checking through the night to make sure at least one is OK but at the moment I have to get up at least once to redo his water. It just worries me that he won't be able to have a drink if I stay asleep :(

He will not under any circumstances use a bottle, he hates them so I can't use them. The bowl holders on the side of the pen raising the bowls are a challenge - see how long it takes to throw the bowl out :(

He is so naughty with it! Any ideas? More bowls? :)

Fergie is driving me mad!! He has 2 water bowls in his pen, which is fine in the day but he throws his toys in them at night!

I gave him 2 to make sure even if he'd put a toy in one the other one was there for him to drink out of, but it is his life's mission to throw every toy in every bowl!!! I keep checking through the night to make sure at least one is OK but at the moment I have to get up at least once to redo his water. It just worries me that he won't be able to have a drink if I stay asleep :(

He will not under any circumstances use a bottle, he hates them so I can't use them. The bowl holders on the side of the pen raising the bowls are a challenge - see how long it takes to throw the bowl out :(

He is so naughty with it! Any ideas? More bowls? :)

I wouldn't use a water bottle. Research has shown rabbits drink a lot less given just a bottle than a bowl.

Some bowls clip on the side of the cage - not impossible to throw toys into, but more difficult :D

Can you just wean him onto a bottle? As in give him half the amount of water in his bowl and a water bottle?

I weaned him off because he didn't drink enough on one, he got really frustrated with them and doesn't go near them anymore so I'd rather keep him on bowls (and he is a really cute drinker!)

Yep! He has a double bed sized pen with an extra level of tables and he is out from 7am-11pm all day every day :) would love him to be out at night too but my head turns into a spring board!

I wouldn't use a water bottle. Research has shown rabbits drink a lot less given just a bottle than a bowl.

Some bowls clip on the side of the cage - not impossible to throw toys into, but more difficult :D

He had a bottle when he was a baby but I think he's been a bowl bun since he was about 12 weeks old, much better for him and much nicer to watch :)

I think I'm going to have to eBay some clip on ones, just don't know about height for them. If I put them out of toy throw reach (he is excellent at throwing - very cute when it's not 2am!) it might be a bit high, but any lower and the toys will be going for a swim...

He has a couple of activity tables from manor pet housing so I'm trying putting one on top of those for tonight, his toys don't end up up there but he does launch himself on and off them :lol:

if he's putting toys in it, is he indicating its finished with, not fresh etc? my four put toys in litter trays if they think they need changing.
mine use bottles. tabby thinks she's a clever girl if she can use a bowl as a toilet. it becomes really nasty to clean out.

All mine (except Mottle and Peaches because M isnt as agile as he used to be) have their water bowls raised up on top of their hutches, which are in their sheds. This may help your lively little darling not to chuck his toys into them!

I have 2 for the 2 buns - strangely they will drink from whichever one is on the right first, then move onto the other one.

I've woken up to one of those compacted hay blocks being thrown in a bowl - that was fun...it soaked up all the water & expanded to fit the bowl! Stunk summat rotten & was horrible to remove :?

I have 2 for the 2 buns - strangely they will drink from whichever one is on the right first, then move onto the other one.

I've woken up to one of those compacted hay blocks being thrown in a bowl - that was fun...it soaked up all the water & expanded to fit the bowl! Stunk summat rotten & was horrible to remove :?

Hahaha yep. Sounds horribly familiar!!!

Back