• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed/playhouse/hutch which is best?

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
hi everyone

after a little advice Sam is currently a house rabbit however he seems to much prefer being outside, we are also planning on getting him a friend, I was wondering what would be the best housing for 2 small mini lops?

I was thinking a shed/playhouse but at the moment cant afford to spend an awful lot, is there anywhere thats reasonable to buy new or wouldnt mind a second hand one for now :)

thank you for reading x

I would always choose shed/playhouse over a hutch. You can pick them up fairly cheap second hand or places like B and Q do them for about £200 or so.

You wouldn't want to spend much less than £200 on a decent (new) hutch anyway, from what I was researching before I went for a secondhand playhouse. The only problem with going secondhand is people usually expect you to pick up: fine if you have a large van or trailer, as even disassembled my playhouse needed a Transit-sized van! Always worth having a look around to see what's on the market :) I got mine for £40 and luckily my friend lives in the seller's local area where he was wiling to deliver to, then it stayed there a couple of weeks until my parents were coming up with some other stuff in a van already.

my dad has a van :) so luckily that's not the problem problem, but finding one is :( I've seen a huge hutch for sale second hand but I just can't decide between that and the play house

The new hutch I'm commissioning which fits RWAF standards is going to cost me £270 including transport and setting up. I would love to have something even larger, but it's not practical for us at the moment.

The new hutch I'm commissioning which fits RWAF standards is going to cost me £270 including transport and setting up. I would love to have something even larger, but it's not practical for us at the moment.

You have to work with the space you have. As long as it has a large permanently attached run it will be fine.

I don't like hutches all that much, I'd definitely go for a playhouse or shed. I dunno about in the UK but I often see playhouses/sheds for cheap on craigslist, people just want them removed so they often don't charge much. Does gumtree etc have ones like that?

If you can, go for a shed. They are sooooooooo much nicer to keep clean/visit rabbits esp in the rain.

I haven't got all the much space so was contemplating a playhouse with a big run :) connected by a tube. Have looked on Gumtree and all of them sites, he has a whole bedroom for now so I will keep an eyeout :) now just to get him a girlfriend

It is £270 for the hutch AND run. I should have made it clearer. :lol:

i have a cattery, i bought it for the ferrets which i rescued. now the bunnies live in there, they love it. they have a ramp into the shed area, they run around like mad.
2rxvdj7.jpg
[/IMG]

A playhouse or a shed would be best as you can easily get in and theres a lot of space, i didn't have the space or afford a shed/playhouse as you have to make it rabbit safe and all, so i have a 2 storey hutch with a run attached.
If you had a hutch (£50 - £150) then an run attached (£20 - £50) then that would be enough space. But if you could get a shed or playhouse then i would definitely go for that option.

Back