• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sad morning :(

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
This morning on a walk in the country side with the children one of the little ones came running saying "I've found in the Easter bunny!" He was carrying a young rabbit so I quickly took it off him. The rabbit was dripping wet and very floppy but alive. The child is very caring and was holding he rabbit gently so I'm sure he didn't hurt it. He said it was 'sleeping and very sad'. I would normally leave a wild rabbit and not interfere but it was so helpless and I couldn't leave it. I took him to the vets and he snuggled into my arms on the 20 min walk back. The exotic vets I took him to were amazing and took him straight away to get looked at. They said it didn't look good but they would give me a ring and were very pleased I brought him in.

I just got back in the car and cried :( he was so sweet and I'll definitely remember him as the 'Easter bunny' he seemed so brave and comforted by being found. I could easily be imagining it but he felt very at ease and peaceful. I hope I did the right thing 😥

This morning on a walk in the country side with the children one of the little ones came running saying "I've found in the Easter bunny!" He was carrying a young rabbit so I quickly took it off him. The rabbit was dripping wet and very floppy but alive. The child is very caring and was holding he rabbit gently so I'm sure he didn't hurt it. He said it was 'sleeping and very sad'. I would normally leave a wild rabbit and not interfere but it was so helpless and I couldn't leave it. I took him to the vets and he snuggled into my arms on the 20 min walk back. The exotic vets I took him to were amazing and took him straight away to get looked at. They said it didn't look good but they would give me a ring and were very pleased I brought him in.

I just got back in the car and cried :( he was so sweet and I'll definitely remember him as the 'Easter bunny' he seemed so brave and comforted by being found. I could easily be imagining it but he felt very at ease and peaceful. I hope I did the right thing 😥

You did what any kind and compassionate person would do and if he's got a chance at life, it looks like the vet was the right place to start!

Poor rabbit. However, it sounds like he was going to be prey for some animal had your little one not found him :love:

Right or wrong - I would have done exactly the same thing. I just couldn't leave an animal in distress - wild or not - especially if I had the resources to help the animal.

No matter what happens to the 'Easter bunny' - at least he/she has known warmth and comfort in a time when it was cold, wet and miserably unwell. And I am so glad the vets took him in - at least he's been given a chance.

Many vibes for him - I do hope he pulls though.xxx

oh bless, what a sad, yet happy story. I hope the little fellow pulls through, what a caring little boy too.

Back