• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice on a bunny shed

Hi there.
I've decided to convert my shed into a bunny house but I need some advice on what's best to do with the windows and doors.
The windows at the minute are just Perspex, however they need replacing. Should I replace with Perspex? Or something else? If so does anyone have any ideas or pictures?
The door at the minute is currently just your average shed door, any ideas what I could do with that too?
Thank in advance if anyone can help :)

Replace with a really good quality welded mesh on the inside, and make some perspex shutters on the outside. So in the summer there's loads of air flow, but in the winter they'll be all snug and warm! Be good to leave an inch gap at the top of the shutters though, so there's still air flow and the shed doesn't get warm and damp which can encourage mould.

And put an inner mesh door inside too :)

These are the shutters on my shed and there is an inner mesh door (open in the pic so you can't see it), but the lip at the bottom means the floor by the door is still useable space.
6741619_orig.jpg

Back