• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amazing update: Petplan - check your policies for multipet discounts!!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I just got Elijah's renewal through and noticed they listed multipet discount on his details, I can't remember seeing that on the others so ... I check the other policies and it's not listed :evil:

I had to sit on my hands over the bank holiday weekend and have rung today and guess what - the multipet discounts have 'come off at renewal' some system error :evil: £12 per bunny (x5) x ??years :evil: So, I've been overcharged somewhere in the region of £200 to £300 in the last 5 years! They are looking into it and amending (?refunding, hopefully, furious is not).... please be vigilant and check it hasn't just 'disappeared' on your policies and you've not noticed it like I didn't.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip off. It's disappeared on two of mine as well. Will ring them today. Let us know your outcome.

It says "Premium Information"
Then "Amount due XXX
This takes into account
* Insurance Premium Tax (IPT)"

On Elijah's it then also lists multi pet discount ... on all my other policies it doesn't.

Thanks, they'd removed mine for the last 2 Years. Just called them and got £24 deducted for this year.

That's interesting! They are "looking into it" for me - I'd put money on me having to make several phone calls to get anywhere with this. Glad at least starting this thread helped you and hopefully others.

thanks so much for posting this, i noticed when i checked the policy number when i claimed for fern a few weeks ago that there was no multi pet discount listed on there. i forgot to call but i did today when i read this and it turns out that 4 of our 8 pets don't have a multi pet discount applied! so i am expecting a cheque in the post woohoo :D

thanks so much for posting this, i noticed when i checked the policy number when i claimed for fern a few weeks ago that there was no multi pet discount listed on there. i forgot to call but i did today when i read this and it turns out that 4 of our 8 pets don't have a multi pet discount applied! so i am expecting a cheque in the post woohoo :D

I really expected them to say that they ask you to check your policy documents and if you haven't spotted it then tough.. but no.. they've even gone back six years in one case, that must be Esme. I really, really didn't expect to get it back and without a fight. .. I've been promising myself a smart phone for a while (instead of the 10 quid antique handset I have) and to ditch the landline and have cheap moble calls sim ... :D:D *starts phone shopping*

How interesting. I cancelled my rabbit insurance when it came up for renewal a few months ago because of the huge excess and the extra amount I would have to contribute towards the cost of treatment (both over 5). Just also cancelled my cat insurance. I have the vet Healthy Pet Club for the two cats (took out when my Tonkinese had to have the last of his teeth removed). Now keeping fingers crossed ... and saving a large sum each month towards any treatment needed. I'm calling it my Pet/Car account! I'm going to look back, though. Not very impressed with PetPlan - they didn't even acknowledge my letter cancelling the rabbit policies.

that's great news :thumb:

im dreading end of year as mabel turns 5 this October, and this year her excess creeped up more , despite never making any claims since she was a baby

but then I couldn't fault them with Sox as they paid all his costs

that's great news :thumb:

im dreading end of year as mabel turns 5 this October, and this year her excess creeped up more , despite never making any claims since she was a baby

but then I couldn't fault them with Sox as they paid all his costs

Yeah, this is Elijah's first renewal after turning five and it's £185:( ... but they have paid out about £5,000 for him so I guess it's a bargain really.

Back