• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting another rabbit and travelling...

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Hey all :wave:

I'm currently trying to convince my parents to get another rabbit. A few weeks ago I had Flo spayed and it's about time she had a husbun/wife. I'm worried she's lonely, though she likes to do circuits and binky in the garden, she isn't completely happy. How can I convince them to allow me to get a friend for her? I could wait until I move out (late August) but I think the quicker I can get her a friend the better.

I'm not even sure I can take her with me as I'm concerned about the travelling. I'm only moving out for my last year of uni (not sure what I'm doing after that). I currently live in Plymouth and my new house is in Hertfordshire! That is 4 hours in the car. Has anyone else taken their bun on a long journey? What did you do?

I'm just super worried about the whole situation :(

Hi :wave:

Rosie came to me from Dublin, Ireland to Birmingham so she was traveling for about 7 hours, car - boat-car and was fine :D

She had the Catit Cabrio carrier with plenty of hay, and cucumber and celery so she always had something with moisture for water also pellets :)

The carrier has 2 dishes in the door so there was also water in there.

Rosie now doesn't give a monkeys about car travel in fact I think she likes it :oops:

We're moving from Lincolnshire to Wiltshire in July so the girls will have a 3/4 hour car journey, with 2 stays in holiday places at either end so we can take down and put up their hutch & run!

I got my Herbie & Inca from Bolton and Barnsley, I live just outside Glasgow. Both travelled up fine.

I think car travel is ok as long as you have a decent carrier stocked up with hay and water. Remember that bunnies would generally be sleeping for most of the day anyways!!

Thank you all! I think I may have to invest a really nice carrier for her!
Don't think I could bring her home on the tube though!

My buns came all the way from mid Wales, which was a 3.5 hour journey and we've been every week to the vets which is 45 mins each way, so are pretty used to car trips! Xx

Most of mine have had long journeys. Tessie and Daisy came from Yorkshire by car and bus. Mottle and Peaches had a massive car journey from Bristol and the hares, Autumn and Sunshine came from Wiltshire by train. We had to change trains and then go by car for the last bit. They were all fine. As others have said, they mainly slept. Sunshine even let me stroke him through the carrier door way xxx

Back