• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can I do? Lost :(

Old Flame

New Kit
Rimmi can no longer go to the rabbit rescue.

So now he's stuck with me. In a cage I don't find acceptable but I have no space for anything bigger and alone.

He's 8 years old. Would it be more humane to have him PTS??? :(

Can you find another rescue place? pts seems a pretty major response he may have many happy years ahead of him still. Where are you?

Gloucestershire. But I don't want to burden a rescue with him when there's so many more rabbits that's actually need saving. :(

IMO no, it is not humane to PTS a bunny just because he is old. Have you exhausted all options?

If needs be, I have a 6ftx2ft spare hutch with attached run, I could take him in. I'm in West Yorkshire though ?!

Gloucestershire. But I don't want to burden a rescue with him when there's so many more rabbits that's actually need saving. :(

Why would he be a burden? Rescues take in rabbits that are no longer wanted - they don't usually discriminate between some rabbits being a burden and others not!

If you're thinking of putting him to sleep, then I reckon he falls into the category of 'actually need saving'. But that's just my take on rescues/euthanasia etc ......

You've also had an offer of someone who will very kindly take him.

Thats great! West Yorkshire is not THAT far from Gloucestershire!

Well the offer is there. I have a spare hutch/run that is just sitting redundant in my mums summerhouse (used to be Snowys when he was outdoors and which I've never had the heart to sell as it's such a great hutch!), so if needed I could bring that to my house and house him in that.

I have a 7year old singleton bunny also (house rabbit Snowy), so understand the demands of keeping them occupied and happy. Just PM me if I can help :thumb:

Well the offer is there. I have a spare hutch/run that is just sitting redundant in my mums summerhouse (used to be Snowys when he was outdoors and which I've never had the heart to sell as it's such a great hutch!), so if needed I could bring that to my house and house him in that.

I have a 7year old singleton bunny also (house rabbit Snowy), so understand the demands of keeping them occupied and happy. Just PM me if I can help :thumb:

You are so kind :wave:

Old Flame please get back in touch when you can so we can help you to help your bun.I know you only want whats best for him and K1984 would offer a lovely retirement home as I know you are concerned about his current set-up.

I mentioned in the other thread that I'm in Gloucestershire on 9th June if you need transport :) I'll be at Staverton (Gloucester Airport/Jet Age Museum) until 4pm then travelling back to Nottingham. I can drop my passengers off in Nottingham and carry on to W.Yorks. or do it the following day as I have it off work already :)

Old Flame please get back in touch when you can so we can help you to help your bun.I know you only want whats best for him and K1984 would offer a lovely retirement home as I know you are concerned about his current set-up.

Yes, Old Flame is logging on but not responding to any emails and offers. :?

I can take him in, my boarding facility has space I will happily look after him (for free) and find him a home (or keep him) my mum is in Gloucester so I can get there if need be. Don't pts!!!

I can take him in, my boarding facility has space I will happily look after him (for free) and find him a home (or keep him) my mum is in Gloucester so I can get there if need be. Don't pts!!!

Wonderful offer!!!!!!! Please don't put him to sleep when such a wonderful soul is willing to help.

Back