• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday Housing

Babybella

Warren Scout
Just wondered what you all do with your buns when you are on holiday? This is my first year with mine so my sister in law is popping in daily to feed them and will clean the out for me.

Mine go into boarding with a lovely lady who's been looking after them for several years now. They stay in 8ft enclosures - a lot smaller than what they're used to BUT it's only for a week and I'd rather they go somewhere where I know they are looked after by someone who understands bunnies and their delicate digestive systems than have acres of space but a complete numbnut looking after them.

That's good, I might see if there's anywhere that does boarding near me, I'd feel bad asking family each year even though I know they would help out if they aren't away themselves.

When I go away for a couple of days I have my housemate feed them (she has detailed instructions on how to know if they're poorly!) If it's a longer period of time they board with a friend of mine from where I used to live - she has a lot of rabbits herself and has known mine for almost 6 years so they're in good hands. :)

Hi Babybella :wave:

If you're considering boarding for your buns when you're away, maybe we could help? I'm sure what part of the West Midlands you are, but we're in Oldbury (very close to junctions 2 and 3 of the M5)

We have a website (www.vipiggies.co.uk) which has loads of information and pics of most of our accommodation (although pics of our new 8ft hutches haven't quite made it to the website yet!)

Tracey :)

Back