• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grinding teeth when happy?

Rushrabbit

Young Bun
I think little Mal has bonded with me. He likes to sleep on my lap, he licks my fingers when I stroke his chin, and because I'm brushing him a lot at the moment (he's moulting) he keeps bumping my hand with his head whenever I stop :)

I was a bit worried though because when I stroke him and he's all relaxed on the sofa he starts grinding his teeth. I thought they did that when they were in pain?

I think little Mal has bonded with me. He likes to sleep on my lap, he licks my fingers when I stroke his chin, and because I'm brushing him a lot at the moment (he's moulting) he keeps bumping my hand with his head whenever I stop :)

I was a bit worried though because when I stroke him and he's all relaxed on the sofa he starts grinding his teeth. I thought they did that when they were in pain?

The grinding is often much louder when they are in pain, and their body language looks more hunched up and tense. When they are teeth grinding with happiness, they often half close their eyes and look relaxed, which is what you describe!

The grinding is often much louder when they are in pain, and their body language looks more hunched up and tense. When they are teeth grinding with happiness, they often half close their eyes and look relaxed, which is what you describe!

he lies down with his big feet splayed out at the back and doesn't look at all uncomfortable! After he had his teeth rasped I'm just super sensitive about anything he does with them :)

My Alfie is like yours, he always grinds his teeth if I stroke him behind the ears and he sometimes sleeps on me too :)

Oh that's so lovely!!!:) My boy Obi would never fall asleep on my lap, I wish he would fall asleep on my lap mind you. :)

Back