• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just had first injections and........

pollypocket

Warren Scout
It's looking likely that we have a girl and a boy, not 2 girls. So instead of 2 sisters we could have brother and sister.

Do they live together? If they are old enough to vacs, they will need separating until you can neuter/spay

Ours have just been for their first vaccinations too. Bella is definitely a girl but they couldn't check Alfie properly. The vet is 90% sure he's a boy but she couldn't feel either testicle. Apparently they can pull them up quite far when they feel stressed. Bella is in for spaying next week so we've been asked to take Alfie too for the vet to have another try.
Hope you manage to get yours nurtured before you have any accidental pregnancy.

They are not quite 9 weeks yet.

You have a few weeks to try to sort out temporary separate accommodation for them then :) The Buck (if you do have a Buck) will reach puberty at about 12 weeks-ie his testicles will descend. Whilst it is unlikely that the Doe would be fertile at 12 weeks I would not risk keeping them together for much longer than that :)

Ours have just been for their first vaccinations too. Bella is definitely a girl but they couldn't check Alfie properly. The vet is 90% sure he's a boy but she couldn't feel either testicle. Apparently they can pull them up quite far when they feel stressed. Bella is in for spaying next week so we've been asked to take Alfie too for the vet to have another try.
Hope you manage to get yours nurtured before you have any accidental pregnancy.

How old is Bella ? Personally I would not want to have her spayed so soon after her vaccination. The vaccine takes 3 weeks to produce a full immune response

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD...pension_for_injection_for_rabbits/-64396.html

A GA/spay may interfere with that.

How old is Bella ? Personally I would not want to have her spayed so soon after her vaccination. The vaccine takes 3 weeks to produce a full immune response

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/MSD...pension_for_injection_for_rabbits/-64396.html

A GA/spay may interfere with that.

jane how long would you leave vaccination from after having a GA, just needed to ask as mabel went for vaccination last Monday but we decided to go ahead with dental instead, the vet said at least week or more, I have her booked in for Thursday now, I will cancel and delay if needed

jane how long would you leave vaccination from after having a GA, just needed to ask as mabel went for vaccination last Monday but we decided to go ahead with dental instead, the vet said at least week or more, I have her booked in for Thursday now, I will cancel and delay if needed

I agree with your Vet, I'd leave if for at least a week. I am sure your Vet will give Mabel a thorough health check before she gives the vaccine :)

I agree with your Vet, I'd leave if for at least a week. I am sure your Vet will give Mabel a thorough health check before she gives the vaccine :)

thanks jane well mabel is doing great as had check up after op on Thursday gone so if she has her vaccine Thursday coming that's like 10 days after vaccine

I've had this exact situation with one of my rabbits. Went for vaccination and ended up being booked in for a dental! My vet (Christobel) recommended I leave it at least a couple of weeks for him to recover from the anaesthetic. I should be guided by your vet. Although my rabbit was completely healthy apart from his teeth, she felt a longer wait was preferable :thumb:

Back