• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hooded cat litter tray for indoor diggy box

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone tried it? Am trying to come up with a solution so Smudge can have a diggy box indoors without creating too much mess! He loves digging and after being away for a few days and watching wildies enjoying it so much I'd like to give him the opportunity to have a good old dig in some soil. (and also maybe then he'll leave the blankets alone!) He has some old cloths tucked into his tunnel but unless I'm there to put them back in he soon gets bored with it.

Thinking something like this...

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Catit_Hooded_Cat_Pan_Liners/c13611/

Great idea, I'd love to know the answer to that too, I think it could be something great for them to do. I cant see why it shouldn't work, but then I never tried, so would be cool to hear what people say who may have tried. :)

Great idea, I'd love to know the answer to that too, I think it could be something great for them to do. I cant see why it shouldn't work, but then I never tried, so would be cool to hear what people say who may have tried. :)

Yes I used one for years as a big litter tray for two rabbits. Stopped them throwing everything out onto the living room floor! It would work well as a digging box too I expect.

Athena learned how to go in and out of one (for use as a litter tray) so I'd see no problem in using one as a digging box. I might give it a go too, especially now Elphie and Athena are bonded. :)

What about a large storage box with its lid on and with two holes (one each end)? Rabbits like to have more than one entrance.

What about a large storage box with its lid on and with two holes (one each end)? Rabbits like to have more than one entrance.

I did think about that but I think he'd manage to get the soil out the entrances, he gets very into his digging!! So I was thinking something with a door so it's less likely to get everywhere.

Will probably treat him to one once I've got a bit of cash spare. :)

I have that for my pair, but in jumbo size: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catit-Jumbo-Hooded-Litter-Tray/dp/B0057XF6U4

N&T love it! Tapla digs in it even when there's nothing to dig :roll: Tapla does manage to dig her hay out by balancing on the opening and pulling it all out, but I imagine it'd be a lot harder with soil. It's nice and sturdy and I like it a lot :thumb: I took the door off mine and I filled in the top bit where the carbon filter is with a bit of clear plastic.

Back