• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The wheels are in motion...

tlcwrites

Mama Doe
I have placed an order for an RWAF-guidelines sized rabbit hutch and run, which I will hopefully get within a week or so from a local guy. He'll come and set it up and everything for me. :D

I have called up the charity I want to adopt from to ask about their specific processes and to see if they have any single bucks available just now. Good news - they do! I also asked about "bunny dating" as I want the partner that is best for her, from her opinion rather than mine but have to call again tomorrow to speak to the "Rabbit Village" lady. Apparently they don't usually operate like that, which I respect, but I do want to know if it is a possibility. :)

The wheels are in motion to get Galinda's husbun. I am so excited for her and her prospective husbun, whatever he looks like and whomever he may be.

Is there anything else I need to consider when talking to the charity about bits and pieces? I already discussed the fact that Galinda is spayed and up to date with her vaccinations. I already mentioned that I have some experience bunny bonding (they said it's something they can help with). I'm just trying to figure out what more I need to bear in mind before going further with this rabbit adoption.

Very exciting :) I think you have thought of all the basics :) and it's great you are letting her pick :thumb:

Thank you! Unfortunately, they didn't let me do bunny dating as "that's not how [they] operate". :( Instead, I'm adopting a 2.5 year old tricolour lop. I haven't seen him yet [I orginally picked out a wild cross, but the "rabbit lady" called me up the day the lop came in as she thought of me. We discussed what would be best for the rabbits and thought the lop would be a better fit. When my situation's different, I'd like to adopt wild crosses from there as I know they are difficult to home though!] Anyway, I'm hoping it all goes smoothly. Anxiously waiting for the hutch/run now. It still hasn't arrived as they person making it ran out of wire mesh for the run. :(

Back