• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Otis our big disabled boy has had his vet check

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
And it went really well :) I was a bit nervous as you are never quite sure what the vet's opinion is going to be over such a severe disability. But Robin was very positive. Not necessarily about being able to improve Otis but positive about his quality of life as it is right now. Such a relief!

He was really pleased with his overall condition and doesn't believe Otis to be in any pain. His ears were checked for infection but they look good, his heart seems fine and a urine sample was tested for infection but got the all clear :)

Like me Robin doesn't know if Otis can improve, his reflexes are very poor. But thinks it is definitely worth trying, especially as Otis copes with everything so well. So he has filled in our physio referral form and we have booked an acupuncture session for the 12th :)

So next we will see what the physio says on Tuesday.

:love: fab news. What is Otis's story ? I have seen loads of pics and know he is very affectionate, but missed when you got him.

He has been here three weeks now and yes he has wrapped us right round his paw!

He came from lovely owners but they could no longer giving him the day to day care he needed while running a busy business. They are donating monthly towards his care as its a very big business :)

He contracted ec last march. They nursed him through and he seemed better. He was vaccinated in September and had a huge relapse and went off his legs. He had another relapse at Christmas and then they really started to struggle with him. I can see why as it is really hard work and there is no break from it. But they did do a really good job :)

Otis is an absolute star and although it can be a struggle, him being such a lovely loving bunny makes it worth it.

He came from lovely owners but they could no longer giving him the day to day care he needed while running a busy business. They are donating monthly towards his care as its a very big business :)

He contracted ec last march. They nursed him through and he seemed better. He was vaccinated in September and had a huge relapse and went off his legs. He had another relapse at Christmas and then they really started to struggle with him. I can see why as it is really hard work and there is no break from it. But they did do a really good job :)

Otis is an absolute star and although it can be a struggle, him being such a lovely loving bunny makes it worth it.

Awww at least he came from caring owners which is heart warming. How big is he, Otis looks huge in photos.

He does come across as a gentle and appreciative bunny, if that doesn't sound too anthropomorphic :shock:

There's something about him - perhaps he's an old soul in a bun's body.

So glad to hear about his physio and acupuncture. Lucky boy :love:

He has his own beanbag to watch neighbours on so be as anthropomorphic as you like ;)

He only weighed 5.5kg today but was 7.5 in his prime

i struggle with buttons and shes only 3.5kg, cant imagine how heavy otis must be!! really enjoy following his story so far :D

I am so glad Hugo is getting such wonderful care and he got a good report. He sounds like a truly lovely lad.
It is also heartwarming to know his prior owners are still concerned he gets sufficient care.

Back