• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does catnip affect rabbits (it shouldn't)

Mrsmcarey

Mama Doe
I have a Cat spa thing it has nobbles and Combes that I sprinkle cat nip on and my cats thinks it's great :D

Rosie has never paid it much attention but Pie well she thinks it's hers she isn't eating the stuff but did spend a long time checking it out :roll: chin rubs and the like :shock:

Then spent the next half hour doing bunny 500's between kitchen and living room :roll: I tried to video but she was too quick just left a white flash and I couldn't keep up :lol:

She now has the munchies and is tucking into the ready grass :roll:

Last edited:
LMAO aw man, maybe we shouldn't get any for our garden, then, just in case we get an bunny-shaped addict!

This is too funny - have no idea about catnip, but this did make me laugh :lol::lol::lol:

I really want to know...does it affect em? Surely it can't hurt? Maybe I'll get them a cat nip mouse since their only chewing mediums are cardboard paper & wood so they wouldn't ingest, & of course they'd be supervised, that would be the fun bit :wave:

If I recall correctly catnip is not on the safe list for bunnies. It must have been rather amusing to see Rosie get a buzz on. (Although she is a bit of a March Hare anyway, isn't she? ;) )
Sounds like the kind of effects people have from smoking that 'wild woodflower!' ;)

If I recall correctly catnip is not on the safe list for bunnies. It must have been rather amusing to see Rosie get a buzz on. (Although she is a bit of a March Hare anyway, isn't she? ;) )
Sounds like the kind of effects people have from smoking that 'wild woodflower!' ;)

I googled as you do :oops: and catnip is OK however shouldn't affect them :lol:

So it's official Pie is just a nut case :lol:

I googled as you do :oops: and catnip is OK however shouldn't affect them :lol:

So it's official Pie is just a nut case :lol:

Ah, I read that as Rosie, didn't see Pie's name in there. Sorry! :oops:
I have three cats and so there is always nip in the house, I just have to be sure I'm wearing ankle protection when I let them have it because it becomes a racetrack for a good while after I give it to them. Then they crash and don't wake for hours.

I've always tried to keep it away from the buns though. Good to know it won't hurt them if they do find some. :thumb:

Catnip is fine for bunnies, not sure if it affects them in the same way though....Millie loves to eat Scooby's when he gets some

Back