• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vocal bunnies

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
my netherland dwarf rosie was very vocal her way of communicating with me, she would cry but for her to cry at me it meant she wanted mummy fussing her and she licked me back, before her we had thumper she used to growl hormonal but she never bit

mabel has really started to talk to me lately, she used to have her odd little grumbles and stomp of feet if outside and wanted to tell me she didn't want to come in yet, today I was getting her ready for vet check up following dental I got brush out to tidy her hair :oops: :lol: and she did the cries like rosie used to do, so I said ok mabel mummy not brush you to much just enough make you look even more pretty :lol:

I call Fiver my "feep-feep" bunny because that is the noise he makes most often when he is trying to communicate with me. Little gurgles and squeaks. It really amazed me because my other two are silent but for Mimzy's humming when he used to be hormonal (which he'll still do with a "stunt bunny" from time to time) or Pip and her stroppy grunts and oinks. I always thought bunnies had no vocal chords.

The oinking and the humming and Fiver's little gurgles just delight me no end. I just do them right back! ;) :lol:

I think mabel is now communicating to me more whereas before she had sox, now she wants mummy to know things and how she is

Back