• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RAW week - anyone doing anything for it?

catxx

Mama Doe
If anyone wants to help out I've got a slot booked on the 9th May (first day of RAW week) at Pets at Home in Letchworth for Rabbit Residence but struggling to find anyone to help out! Message me if you can help! All you need to do is turn up and set up a table, all the promo stuff is already at the shop. HELP!

I've also been putting extra effort into trolling Facebook pet selling groups (through gritted teeth) in my local area and either mentioning Rabbit Residence or the Rabbit Rehome website when anyone is after rabbits, which is annoyingly often. Troll troll troll!

I won't be able to help directly, but I am planning to write a couple of passionate posts about rabbit welfare on my author page. I'll also see if I can "troll" selling groups in my area too.

Trolling helps buckets! I've done a press release for the rescue, hopefully Cambridge Evening News have taken it up so far :)

The pet selling group I've managed to join is a nightmare. So many inappropriate cages being sold and bought. (I also managed to order a RWAF-approved sized hutch and run for Galinda and a potential-husbun-of-her-choosing too. So there is that. :D )

And so many rabbits. A few gorgeous looking but quite obviously ex-breeding stock lionheads which make me go 'I want' but I'm not going to. I've emailed the group admin to ask if I can do some posts for RAW but they have to discuss it with the others first. Sigh.

-Also hope your local paper picks it up! Hello fellow East Anglian! :thumb:

I really have to bite my tongue on most pet selling groups!!! I just troll for "wanted" ads mostly haha. I can't stand the hutches for sale but unless they are extremely small or completely knackered or have obvious health risks (chicken wire etc). Only so much you can say without getting hit with a ban stick by admin!

I commented on a couple. One the P@H starter cage and they said "P@H said it was ok so it's fine." I replied with the RWAF sizes. Another one told me to stop taking my frustration out on her, that she wasn't angry with me for replying - whilst being rude at the same time. Clearly angry. I will try and stick to the "wanted" ones (including hutches as well as buns!) and the totally totally not fit for purpose cages then! Thanks for the advice. I'm hoping the page will allow me to post some bits for RAW.

Yeah, it's really hard not to deal with those "set in their ways" and "but its for sale so it's fine" people. If you feel like ramming your forehead into the computer screen, time to step away, pour a glass of wine and go give your bunnies a nose rub!!!!!!

Woo! Got my press release going in Cambridge Evening News & Hertfordshire Mercury.

But having to cancel the Pets at Home thing as we don't have any volunteers who can do it :(

My vet rang yesterday and she's making a video for RAW and asked if she could borrow Tia to be the star haha I said well actually, she's quite stressy, but Rupert might be ok, but I'll have to bring both anyway? She said fab, I mentioned I was going to book them in for nail clipping and ask if I could borrow a room to brush tia (she's desperately needing it but a nightmare to do at home, she knows all her exit routes etc so goes crazy, but at vets just sits like a good girl) they're doing it for free haha so tomoro lunchtime im dropping them both at vets, and they'll spend afternoon there :) I feel a bit bad tho, they obviously hate being moved but she needs brushing and its the only way!

Congratulations on getting your article into the paper! Sorry that you have to cancel P@H though. I'm probably too far away to help out.

It's just prior to RAW week and I just reserved a young husbun for Galinda. :lol: :love:

Back