• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bread maker tips

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
Hi guys, I'm lucky enough to have been given a bread maker for my birthday today from my oh.
I know there's the argument for making it properly but frankly I don't have the time or passion!

Just wondering if anyone has one and if so what are your favourite or most successful loaves?

Thanks!

I used to have one, I loved cheese bread that it made, or that tI could have a lovely loaf on warm bread in just over 2 hours.

I used to use olive oil as the "fat", I also left out the sugar too.

enjoy :)

I got one last year and haven't bought a loaf of bread since! I just do a regular white loaf in it most of the time. I use butter. I tried using no sugar a couple of times, which worked fine.

That reminds me - I've got out of the habit. Will start making it again. I think I liked the half wholemeal/half white (thought it was healthier!) but the normal white bread was lovely.

Mmmm
895dac4a021876f5bcb1632e5d90aa0d.jpg

The really hard part is waiting for it to cool enough so you can cut it.
We didn't wait at all lol. My bf who bought me it was like 'why are you waiting for it to cool?' So we cut! It's yummy but probably because it's hot. Can't wait to try different flavours and styles of bread 😁

My parents had one when they were first a thing. I have to say I never liked the bread from it although that could have just been the recipe my dad used!

What I did like though was Friday pizza nights :p we'd fill the machine in the morning and set it to start around lunch and then by the time we got home from work/school the dough had been made and had had time to prove and would be filling the thing :p making your own pizza was fun and they were soooo much healthier (and cheaper) than even the bought ready made ones let alone a takeaway one! :love:

My parents had one when they were first a thing. I have to say I never liked the bread from it although that could have just been the recipe my dad used!

What I did like though was Friday pizza nights :p we'd fill the machine in the morning and set it to start around lunch and then by the time we got home from work/school the dough had been made and had had time to prove and would be filling the thing :p making your own pizza was fun and they were soooo much healthier (and cheaper) than even the bought ready made ones let alone a takeaway one! :love:
Ah pizza sounds good. Seems quite versatile

Back