• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ice Pods

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hey all :wave:

Recently invested in 2 Newton & Scratch Ice Pods. I'm worried he may chew them, but I'm also wondering if it's worth covering them with covers similar to the Snugglesafe ones someone on here makes, or whether it'll stop the cold getting through/encourage him to chew more...

What do you do?

I actually have mine covered with the snugglesafe one, well I went for a slightly thinner version sold on ebay for it. it is still cold enough and works. alternatively you can just get an old tea towel or pillow case and wrap them in there. I don't think they would chew them anyway, mine is a chewer and she didn't chew it, but it is probably still a better idea wrapping them in something. I have been using both the snugglesafe in the winter and the ice pod in the summer for a while now, and have not had any issues with either. so well worth getting some kind of cover to put over and let your bun relax with it. don't be worried when he doesn't use it right away. Bunbuns didn't use her ice pod for a week or so, now she loves it. while the head pad she was instantly on it.

Inca used to try to chew theirs, but the shape of them at the ends never gave her much purchase for a teeth grip :)

ive found if they try and chew it the angle is wrong and they can't really get a grip. The outer plastic coating is really tough though and mine have only managed to slightly mark it. It's up to you though, a fleece round it is unlikely to do any harm

Back