• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stuck in a togh spot, rescued a bunny, nowhere to put him.

Shayne_

Warren Scout
Taken in a young bunny in an emergency, havent got housing for it, the rspca wont take it .. Now looking for somewhere to place or rehome him too.. Does anyone know of a place other than EasterLeigh in the blackpool / lancashire area? I'm really struggling to manage and get it sorted. :(

You could try placing him on the Rabbits in Need pages or just keep bumping this thread up in the hopes that lots of people see it. Sadly, rescues are full to bursting and have waiting lists to take in new animals so it's doubtful you'll find anywhere at short notice.

Not really sure what to do, i havent money to go buy a suitable hutch or cage for him. He's in my rabbits cage atm, shes having to be loose, not sure what to do.

where are you? I know this isn't the best option and try your local rescues first but I might be able to find space in PAH adoption centre for you.

I'm in thornton cleveleys, lancashire. If you could that would be amazing,thank you.. i feel terrible but .. I just dont have a set up or anything. I've tried ringing about, rspca wont collect as they have nowhere to place him. I'm waiting for easterliegh to call, left a message, but they may have a waiting list, and the only other one i can find in bolton wont answer the phone.. I'll keep trying.

He is approx 7 months old. Hes a full male, no vaccinations or microchipping. The drunk lady said hes had nothing. She didnt say where the rabbit was from and he looks perfectly healthy to me, hes pretty confident and happy as larry. But isnt confident about being picked up. They did nothing with him, he roamed the gardens and roads, living with the dogs and cats.. She just refused point blank to secure him. Letting him run across roads and all over the place for weeks. My partner was in tears, too scared to leave the rabbit loose in the streets like this, didnt feel had a choice but to accept and take him home.

10409103_768764309909852_183200620548239911_n.jpg

Poor little chap. Thank goodness you took him - but I'm sorry you are now in the position of not having anywhere to keep him.

Bless you for taking him, from what you have described you quite clearly had no choice.

I'm too far away to assist, but I hope somewhere can be found for him.

Its such a shame because he is a really nice bun, he says hello and wants to explore and hes confident as hell other than picking up, but he hasnt bitten me or kicked up a fuss, just goes rigid and frightened when you move him. I've been stroking him and i think he'd make a great pet to someone. If i could i'd keep him, but i dont have anyone to pair him too, a hutch, a spare run (he digs so he would escape in a moments glance) or money to neut-vacc-chip. My two bunnies are 10+.. too old. The rspca inspector wanted me to pair him with loona but i'm scared he'd 'break her hip' being a full young male.. Shes really getting on and felix is getting over a eye infection, he cant go through pairing either. :( Its just such a hard place to be.

Last edited:
Its such a shame because he is a really nice bun, he says hello and wants to explore and hes confident as hell other than picking up, but he hasnt bitten me or kicked up a fuss, just goes rigid and frightened when you move him. I've been stroking him and i think he'd make a great pet to someone. If i could i'd keep him, but i dont have anyone to pair him too, a hutch, a spare run (he digs so he would escape in a moments glance) or money to neut-vacc-chip. My two bunnies are 10+.. too old. The rspca inspector wanted me to pair him with loona but i'm scared he'd 'break her hip' being a full young male.. Shes really getting on and felix is getting over a eye infection, he cant go through pairing either. :( Its just such a hard place to me.

You've done what any kind-hearted and compassionate individual would do. Thank you for saving his life!

You've had a wonderful offer from Lady Logomorph. I hope it works out for him. He looks a real sweetie (if a little terrified just at the moment, understandably!)

Bless, he looks lovely. Beccy at Blackpoor warbreck store have replied with the below if you want to pop him down there, they are open till 8pm. They are going to sort neutering and vaccinating for him if not done. And of course after that has been done you would be welcome to go back in and adopt him again if you wanted to try and bond him with your bunny....just a thought.

Hi

Yes we have room for a bunny, just tell them to bring it down and we will find it a happy home.

Thanks
Beccy
Warbreck

Plymouth Road
Holyoak Avenue
Blackpool
FY2 0QX

Tel: 0845 600 2413

Hope it all works out for him and he finds the wonderful home he deserves. Heart strings being pulled here.

Oh I'd just come on to see if I can help and Shayne I was born in Thornton Cleveleys and the RSPCA would not take rabbit's when we lived there as I took them in, we now are in North Yorkshire but my Family are still down that end. I was going to offer to put him on my Facebook page but I see it's been sorted.

Well done anyway for saving him and finding him somewhere to go. :D

He is approx 7 months old. Hes a full male, no vaccinations or microchipping. The drunk lady said hes had nothing. She didnt say where the rabbit was from and he looks perfectly healthy to me, hes pretty confident and happy as larry. But isnt confident about being picked up. They did nothing with him, he roamed the gardens and roads, living with the dogs and cats.. She just refused point blank to secure him. Letting him run across roads and all over the place for weeks. My partner was in tears, too scared to leave the rabbit loose in the streets like this, didnt feel had a choice but to accept and take him home.

10409103_768764309909852_183200620548239911_n.jpg

Oh Wow he's gorgeous , what a beautiful colour. Oh dear let's hope he finds a loving home he certainly deserves one Bless him. :love:

Thank you so so soooo much! Thats amazing, i'll try sort a lift down now, hopefully my sister will when she picks my nephew up after work. Hes decided to name him Alfred Johnson.. Haha

You're a star!

Thank you so so soooo much! Thats amazing, i'll try sort a lift down now, hopefully my sister will when she picks my nephew up after work. Hes decided to name him Alfred Johnson.. Haha

You're a star!

So are you.

Back