• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long should I keep my rabbits separated after spaying?

Hollip0p

New Kit
Hi all,

As the title says, how long should I keep my rabbits separated after I've had my girl spayed?

Mr Bojangles had already been neutered a couple of months ago so we bought Pepper at the beginning of March to keep him company. At first he was mounting her all the time but that calmed after a few days and they became best buddies, cuddling up together etc. That lasted about a month up until last weekend when Pepper started mounting him and chewing his fur! She went in on Thursday and we've been keeping them separate since, although they can still see each other in their cages, we just don't let them out at the same time in case he grooms her too much and messes with her stitches.

How long do you think we should wait before putting them back in together? And do you think it will stop her mounting/chewing him?

Thanks

Last edited:
when ours were spayed I didn't really keep them apart as they got more stressed being seperated. neither botherd the others wound.

rm

Back