• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can I arrange a bunny run pretty please ?

Old Flame

New Kit
Hi there

You may remember I posted a while ago.
Some of you may remember me from ages ago.
I was TeflonsShadow. My rabbits were Rimmi and Winter from Starlights Rabbit Rescue.

Sadly Winnie died a short while ago and Rimmi moved in with me. But he's not happy.

Poor boy was devoted to his wife. But my flat is so small and my lifestyle had changed. I don't want anymore rabbits. I could keep him here, it's no issue, but he won't come out of his base to play and I know better then to allow him to suffer.

So he's moving to a holiday home, where he's going to be bonded with 3 other rabbits in the most amazing set up and the best place he could be in. I am not "getting rid" or "giving up" on him.... He deserves better and I will be setting up a direct debit to pay for his upkeep.

I really hoped he'd adapt to being a house bunny again. But it seems human company isn't enough for him. I love him so much,
Please don't judge me. It's breaking my heart enough as it is. :'(

Welcome back :wave: - I'm sorry to hear your sad story and, having been in a similar situation with a lonely bunny, completely understand your need to do what's best for him.

Where are you trying to arrange the bunny run from/to? I'm sure the power of RU can work its magic.

From Gloucestershire to The Rabbit Crossing.

I would drive him myself but know that "giving him up" will break my heart. I can't drive 3 hours home in tears, it's just not safe. I plan to go down and see him when he's settled and happy.....when I can drive home with a smile instead ! If I cry just thinking about it then it's a certainty that it'll happen when the day comes. :(

Welcome back :wave: such and awful decision to have to make but you are doing it for all the right reasons, it's obvious what he means to you.

I hope someone can help xx

I didn't realise it was so close to me. I don't know if I can be much help as I'm tied to only being free during the school day, But I can go from M4, junction 13. (chievley services) to The Rabbit Crossing. If there was anyone who could manage Gloucestershire to the services.

Hey Jeanna (I think?). Sorry to hear about Winter, but what more wonderful life could Rimmi have from this point on, than with Helen. He's a lucky boy that you love him so much. I can't help, but it's good to see you again, even if the circumstances are less than great.

Thank you, it's been the hardest decision I've ever faced and one I hadn't anticipated encountering to be honest.

I've tried my best to engage him as a house bun, but he just won't leave his 2 tier indoor cage. Sadly it's all I have room for "base" wise, and I don't find it an acceptable home for perminant residence by any stretch of the imagination. I've left the dogs at my sisters and hoiked him out but he just leaps back in and thumps his feet at me. :(

I've spoken at length with a friend of mine, who has Khevas (my dogs) brother. She was considering having Rimmi in with her littlies.....but her hubbie said no so she asked if she could ask her friend and sent photos.
To her surprise, Helen asked if it was my Rimmi, remembering him from posts on here. <3 So how better can you get than someone whose known him all his life ???? <3

Like I say, I'm not "rehoming" him, he's off on holiday. I can't wait to see him happy and confident again. He wouldn't even eat Fenugreen Crunchies until this week :(

Aw man, that must be hard for you, both to send hm n holiday and see him so sad :(

I'd love to help and I am in Wales/Forest of Dean area the weekend of June 6th so could do a run on June 7th all the way? It's quite out of my way but I believe in helping hands :)

Back