• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tips for leaving rabbit with family

Bellatrix15

Warren Scout
I'm going away for the weekend soon and will be leaving my young rabbit Bellatrix with my dad and sister. They love Bella but are totally inexperienced with rabbits. I am a very paranoid and anxious person so was wondering what you think would be best to tell them to keep it simple? I'm thinking of getting them to feed her small amounts (she's on constant supply of pellets) regularly to ensure she is eating normally and instructions for how to easily move her if needed (she's incredibly friendly) any other tips or am I totally overboard and over paranoid?? Thank you!!

I would explain the importance of "poo watch"to help monitor health and if you explain what "normal"poos should look like.If they provide lots of hay,afew pellets and clean water +whatever veg they normally have they should be fine.
Food refusal,stopping pooing,listlessness are all things they need to watch out for.
Obviously leave your vet details too.
If they could contact you while youre away incase of any questions,that could be useful.

Back