• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The down side of being a fosterer

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Only one person has enquired about my RSPCA foster bunnies. Such a shame :(

I adore them as much as my own already. My heart aches for them as they so deserve a forever home and a family they can call their own.

They binky when they see me now and Ivy is always ready for a stroke and fuss, she loves human company so much. I wish I had hours each day to spend with them or could have them inside with me. They are super clean and tidy and love to play so are really entertaining. I love giving them new toys and just generally spending time with them, Echo loves investigating new things and rearranging all her toys after I've cleaned. She is getting braver each day, I can stroke and hand feed her now.

Ivy thinks my trainers are stinky :D

Claiming her secondhand willow tunnel

& Helping clean

Pretty Echo snuffling around in her dinner

Ivy loves her veg tree :)

Of to google looks lovely xx hope bunnies find a new home but sounds like they are having a great time with you xx

These are my first fosters, so attached already, step daughter keeps pleading with me to keep them too.....

I have fostered for the last 20+ years and always manage to get homes fairly quickly ..... within a month or two (I don't know how long you've had yours).

How do you publicise them, or do you leave it to the R.S.P.C.A.?

They're on rabbit rehome and lots of the facebook sites, have put up posters in my local feed stores as well as having a poster in the RSPCA shop and an advert on their site too.

I've had them 6 weeks

They're on rabbit rehome and lots of the facebook sites, have put up posters in my local feed stores as well as having a poster in the RSPCA shop and an advert on their site too.

I've had them 6 weeks

You can keep 'bumping' them up to the top on Rabbit Rehome can't you?

I also get a spot in a local newspaper ..... It is a cat spot really but the lady allows me to put my fosters in there too.
Having said that, most people travel quite some distance to see my foster rabbits, so not necessarily local.

I have a couple of pet shops where they will pass my name on to people wanting rabbits.

what beautiful bunnies. i can't believe no one has taken a shine to them and adopted them.
where did you get your pink thing with all the hay inside, that looks lovely.
good luck with your bunnies.

They are lucky bunnies. We failed miserably at fostering and ended up keeping Fudge after he had been in rescue a year. Apparently my OH is the only person on the Wirral who wants a wildie coloured bun that bites and kicks :roll:

Apparently my OH is the only person on the Wirral who wants a wildie coloured bun that bites and kicks :roll:
LMAO oh dear...

Ivy's proper different in a beautiful way, isn't she! I really like her. Shame Herts is a bit far to go for a bundate: Lopsy's never travelled more than 30mins in car :(

LMAO oh dear...

Ivy's proper different in a beautiful way, isn't she! I really like her. Shame Herts is a bit far to go for a bundate: Lopsy's never travelled more than 30mins in car :(
The rspca will rehome nationwide :D the girls used to live in a group so I imagine they'd be easy to bond.

They are gorgeous! Are they a bonded pair? I'm looking for a companion for Winston although as he isn't neutered yet I am looking to get her in July. This gives him time to recover and coincides with summer holidays (I work in a school). My local rspca doesn't bond so i have been looking further afield. Would you/the rspca you are affiliated with bond? I'm not confident enough to do it myself!

they are a bonded pair, they previously lived in a group though and I think they'd be easy to bond and I assume I'd be able to help

what beautiful bunnies. i can't believe no one has taken a shine to them and adopted them.
where did you get your pink thing with all the hay inside, that looks lovely.
good luck with your bunnies.

The rspca will rehome nationwide :D the girls used to live in a group so I imagine they'd be easy to bond.
DAMNIT! Must get this damn wendyhouse finished! I'm just about to crack on further: had a cake-break ;P I'll not show the OH just in case he decides they're perfect ;P

Back